Gary Munch (born 1953) is the Stamford, CT-based principal of MunchFonts. He teaches at Norwalk Community College and at the University of Bridgeport Shintaro Akatsu School of Design.. His typefaces:
- GMAhuramazda (runes).
- Candara (2005), a flared typeface done for Microsoft's ClearType project. Candara received a TypeArt 05 award.
- Munch produced three new Cherokee fonts in 2011 in response to a request by Joseph Erb, of language technology and education services at the Cherokee Nation: Chancery Modern ProCherokee (a sleek sans serif semi-cursive font), Neogrotesk Cherokee (a multipurpose workhorse design), and Munch Chancery Cherokee (a calligraphic font that resembles handwriting). The Cherokee Nation is using Munch Chancery at its Cherokee Immersion School.
- Linotype Ergo.
- The 8-weight didone font family GMFidelio is my favorite.
- Finerliner (linked handwriting).
- GMLondinium (1993, a blackletter face), and GM Londinium Versals (a Lombardic face).
- GMMedallion. An architectural writing font made in 1997.
- Linotype Really (1997). An almost-didone family with Cyrillic and Greek extensions for which he received an award at the TDC2 2001 competition, and obtained third prize at the 3rd International Digital Type Design Contest by Linotype Library. It was updated to Really No2 in 1999.
- GM SPQR. A Trajan type family.
- UrbanScrawlButtah, UrbanScrawlChill, UrbanScrawlDown, UrbanScrawlFly.
- GM Wodensday.
Klingspor link. FontShop link. Linotype link. Old home page.
Showcase of Gary Munch's fonts.
Klingspor Museum page
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Cyrillic type design ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Rune fonts ⦿
Hieroglyphic fonts ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Type scene in Connecticut ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Chancery hand, cancellaresca ⦿
Lombardic types ⦿
Typefaces inspired by the Trajan column in Rome ⦿
Architectural lettering/typefaces ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Native-American fonts ⦿