Designer (b. 1925) who studied at Werkkunstschule Offenbach and worked at Bauersche Giesserei. All his fonts were published at Berthold with the exceptions explicitly mentioned:
Apparently, the former (now bankrupt) Berthold bankruptcy lawcourt administrator transferred in 1993 all Jaeger design rights from Berthold back to Gustav Jaeger. Thus, the "new" Berthold versions, sold by Linotype since 2008, are all rip-offs sold without Jaeger's consent. FontShop link. Klingspor PDF file. Linotype link. Pic.
- Aja (1981): a calligraphic font
- Becket LL (1980, Linotype).
- Bellevue (1986): a ball terminal script
- Catull (1982, Berthold): a modern typeface. Google logo was made by Ruth Kedar based on a slight modification of Catull.
- Chasseur (1988).
- Cornet (1989).
- Cosmos (1982).
- Jaeger Daily News (1976), or just Daily News BQ. Some sources mention the date 1982. The font has been used in Italy Daily, a supplement of the International Herald Tribune. See D650 Roman on the SoftMaker MegaFont XXL CD, 2002). A small design flaw: the capital O hovers above the baseline instead of dipping below it.
- Delta (1983).
- Donatus (1986).
- Epikur (1986).
- Jaeger-Antiqua (1984).
- Jersey (1985).
- Jumbo (1973). Not a Berthold font, I think.
- Komet (1976, Berthold AG).
- Mark Twain (1973): an art nouveau / psychedelic typeface created in reaction to VGC Eightball, and digitized in 2006 as Huckleberry by Canada Type. Not a Berthold font.
- Osiris (1984: see O830 Roman on Softmaker's XXL CD (2002).
- Pinocchio (1973, Berthold). A psychedelic typeface in the style of Alfred Roller and Wes Wilson. Revivals: P732 Deco (SoftMaker), Pinocchio (2012, SoftMaker), Pinocchio (Dieter Steffmann), OPTI Pulaski (Castcraft), Pinwheel (FontBank, 1990-1993) and Pinocchio (TypeShop, 1994).
- Prado (1990) and Prado Swash (1990).
- Sacher (1973, Berthold).
- Semin Antiqua (1976, Berthold).
- Seneca (1977). See S691 Roman on the SoftMaker MegaFont XXL CD, 2002.
Klingspor Museum page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Photo and film type era ⦿
Art Nouveau typefaces ⦿
German type scene ⦿
Psychedelic types ⦿
Dieter Steffmann ⦿