Nick Cooke is a British type designer based in Otley, West Yorkshire, and/or Newent, UK, who has been at it since 1982 as a lettering artist. He founded G-Type in 1999. Nick started as a lettering artist in London in 1982 crafting type by hand for book jackets. His typefaces:
- Accent Graphic (1997, a Peignotian fashion mag sans).
- Amulet (2002, a Celtic look face).
- Avocet (2006).
- Chevin (2003, sans family, +Std, +Chevin Pro, +Chevin Eco, a version with perforatons).
- ITC Dartangnon (1998). A hand-printed script probably named after Dartagnan.
- Digitalis (2000).
- Geetype (an upright script inspired by cigarette pack lettering by the great A. M. Cassandre).
- Gizmo (a beautiful chaotic brush handwriting face).
- Houschka (an Avenir lookalike; see also Houschka Rounded (2006), Houschka, Houschka Rounded Alt (2011), Pro (2009), and Houschka Alt Pro (2011), featuring weights from hairline to extra bold).
- Morpeth (2008, a sturdy sans family).
- Nubian (sans family).
- Olicana (2005, a nice casual connected script face), Olicana Rough, Olicana Smooth (2007) [note: everyone likes Olicana: Eben Sorkin writes The primary reason it was so powerfully and instantly popular was the font's voice, a personality both complicated and unique. On the one hand it has a casual and authentic sense of vivacity and fun. On the other hand this expressiveness is intermittent; it continuously but gently teases the eye.].
- Organon Sans and Organon Serif (2009). These families are lapidary---they have tapered stems.
- FF Penguin (1995).
- Precious Sans (2002), Precious Serif (2003). In 2014, he followed that up with Precious Sans Two.
- Remora Sans (2017). An extensive humanist sans serif consisting of the effervescent Remora Sans and its business partner Remora Corp. Both styles include five individual width sets ranging from the condensed W1 to the extra-wide W5.
- Rollerscript (2012). A connected informal script with enough bells and whistles to evoke true handwriting.
- Sovereign Display (2008: an engraved or dollar bill style typeface; one free weight of this serif family could be found here).
Klingspor link. Behance link. View all typefaces by Nick Cooke (G-Type). View Nick Cooke's typefaces. Font Squirrel link.
Klingspor Museum page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Type design in the United Kingdom ⦿
Celtic/Gaelic fonts ⦿
Very thin (hairline sans) typefaces ⦿
Treefrog typefaces ⦿
Fashion mag typefaces ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿