Thomas E. Harvey
Thomas Harvey designed many fonts in the 1990s and explained: These 47 fonts were created for personal and business use in the early 1990s. I did not expect that they would still be usable in modern operating systems 25 years later. There is a chance they may even outlive me! The fonts fall into three categories of creation: totally original; digitized versions of 19th and early 20th century hot type (metal) fonts; plus some alternative digitizations of more modern fonts.
His fonts are free for personal use (not including a personal business) or charitable and non-profit usage. Any other usage in a for-profit situation (whether net profits have actually occurred or not) requires a commercial license for a modest one-time fee: please contact Thomas. License information. Local download directory. Download all fonts in one zip file.
He designed the following typefaces:
- Akenaten (1993: a slab serif)
- Athenian. After Titania (1906, Haas).
- BeesWax (1992-1993: a play on Dave Farey's ITC Beesknees from 1991).
- BlackNib (1993)
- BoldPact (1993: a condensed version of Geoffrey Lee's Impact)
- Bosworth (1992-1993: a medium weight geometric sans)
- BroadBay (1993: a take on Morris Fuller Benton's Broadway)
- Coliseum (1992-1993)
- Comaro (1992-1993: after Aldo Novarese's Stop, 1970-1971)
- Deborah (1992-1993: a far niece of Geoffrey Lee's Impact)
- DingMaps (1994: silhouettes of the American states)
- Gael (uncial, Celtic: a version of Victor Hammer's American Uncial, 1943)
- Grammara (1993: techno, squarish, very close to Also Novarese's Eurostile)
- Marbold (1992-1993: a revival of Michael Chave's avant garde typeface Marvin, 1969)
- Mirisch (an informal Western style slab serif, related to Expo)
- Mottek (1992-1993)
- NewForum (various weights)
- Nite Club (1992: a stylish art deco caps face)
- Panelite (1993)
- Pisan (1992-1993: a brush script)
- Romanche (1992-1993; after Central Type Foundry's Quaint Roman)
- RufCrate (a rough stencil font)
- Swashett (1993: after Werner Rebhuhn's brush script Fox from 1953)
- Tall Deco (1993: loosely based on Daniel Pelavin's art deco typeface ITC Anna, 1991).
Fontsquirrel link. Abstract Fonts link.
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Map/Travel dingbats ⦿
Western fonts ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Avant Garde typefaces ⦿
Font hosting at On Snot and Fonts ⦿
Uncial typefaces ⦿
Celtic/Gaelic fonts ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿