A. Pat Hickson
Britsh designer for ITF, most of whose fonts were mainly published by Red Rooster. After 2017, she started contributing to her husband's foundry, London Type. List (all ITF/Red Rooster unless otherwise specified):
MyFonts link. FontShop link. Klingspor link.
- Alghera Pro (1996): hand-printed, based on a handwritten Portuguese wine label design.
- Alys (1995): Calligraphic.
- Appleyard (1992): based on an old Monotype design, Prumyslava.
- Badger (1992): comic book style. In 2010, this was Steve Jackaman and Ashley Muir as Badger Pro.
- Basset, Basset Five, Basset Four, Basset One, Basset Six, Basset Three (1997): headline family.
- Bellini (1992): a garalde typeface based on Progreso (1923, Richard Gans Foundry). See Veer, where the font is sold as "Bellini". Linotype sells Greco (DsgnHaus, 1996) which according to some typophiles really is Progreso.
- Byron (1992, by Paul and Pat Hickson): a calligraphic font originally cut in the 1980s for QBF based on a design in Printing Types of the World (1931, Pitmans). Later redone in digial form as LDN Piccadilly (2019) at London Type.
- Coliseum (1992, ITF), co-designed with Julie Hopwood. Steve Jackaman completely redesigned, redrew, and improved the Coliseum family in 2017 and called it Coliseum Pro. That redesign also produced the sister typefaces Clydesdale and Torpedo.
- Dundee, Dundee Condensed (1993), inspired by the various headlines used in children's comic books in England, published by D.C. Thompson of Dundee, Scotland.
- Erasmus (1992): based on a design of Sjoerd Hendrik de Roos, 1923, Amsterdam Foundry.
- Forum Titling (1994): based on the Frederick Goudy design first shown in 1912, which was produced as a foundry typeface by Lanston Monotype in 1924.
- Gilmore Fahrenheit and Gilmore Sans (1992): ugly typefaces based on Eric Gill designs.
- Grove Script (1992).
- Javelin (1994): a connected fifties diner typeface in the style of Continental Railway Magneto Bold, Parkway Hotel, Permanent Waves, and Raceway.
- ITC Mona Lisa (ITC, 1992, and Elsner&Flake, 1991), ITC Mona Lisa Recut (ITC, 1991): an interpretation of a 1930 tall modern type by Albert Auspurg for Ludwig&Mayer.
- Rivoli Initials. Based on the William T. Sniffin design for ATF, circa 1928.
- Roller, Roller Shadow (1997): based on Iberica by Carlos Winkow for Fundicion Nacional, ca. 1942.
- Sinclair Script (1992).
- Stirling (1992).
- Venezuela (2000, Red Rooster) is a decorative Mexican simulation font based on the typeface Vesta by Albert Auspurg, circa 1926.
- Heseltine (2014) was designed by Paul & Pat Hickson in Text & Titling weights. The Heseltine typeface family was originally produced as a gift from Haymarket Media Group to Lord Heseltine for his 75th birthday.
- London Belgravia (2019, by Paul and Pat Hickson). An art deco sans.
- With Paul Hickson, she designed the floriated initial caps font LDN Garamond Initials (2020), which accompanies Paul's LDN Garamond (2020), which is a faithful revival of Claude Garamond's typeface.
A. Pat Hickson
Klingspor Museum page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Comic/cartoon fonts ⦿
Mexican simulation typefaces ⦿
Frederic William Goudy ⦿
Garalde or Garamond typefaces ⦿
Eric Gill and his typefaces ⦿
Type design in the United Kingdom ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Ornamental caps typefaces ⦿
Floriated initial caps ⦿