Free art deco faces by Nick Curtis, made between 1997 and 2003. Nick Curtis also made commercial art deco faces, but these will be listed elsewhere.
- AmstelHeavyNF (2002): based on this poster from 1926 by C. De Haas.
- AmsterdamTangram (2002): based on this poster by Joost Swarte from 1987 entitled "De wereldtentoonstelling van Joost Swarte".
- AnchorSteamNF (2002): based on a poster from 1923 by Wilhelm Poetter.
- Rainbow Bass (1982, Saul Bass) a vertically striped disco style design, was remade by Nick Curtis as Backstage Pass (1999, 2008).
- BeckerBlackNF (2002, 2007): Based on Alf R. Becker's lettering.
- BigAppleNF (2000, 2007).
- BoogieNightsNF, BoogieNightsShadowNF (2002, 2007): based on this poster from 1916 by Paul Hosch and Hans Melching. In 2009, CheapProFonts made a "pro" version.
- BoomerIngueNF (2002, 2007).
- Bric-aBraqueNF (1999, 2007). Bric-a-Braque was based on Cubist Bold (John W. Zimmerman, 1929).
- ChainsawGeometric (1999). Based on this alphabet by Draim (1928).
- ChippewaFallsNF (2002, 2007). Originally called Hiawatha. See this roadside photograph that inspired Nick.
- Coaster Poster (1999).
- DayPosterBlackNF, DayPosterShadowNF (2002, 2007).
- DebonairInlineNF (2000, 2007). The commercial Debonair Inline (2008) is an extension (uppercase, etc.) of Herbert Bayer's 1931 monocase face Architype Bayer, also known as the universal moderrn face.
- DecoBordersNF (1999) and DecoDingbatsNF (2000).
- DrumagStudioNF (2003, 2007).
- DustyRoseNF (2000), DustyRoseRevised (2007): Dusty Rose is an art deco face based on the logotype for the Dutch magazine Geillustreerd Schildersblad in 1940, by Anton Kurvers. the commercial Dusty Rose NF was published in 2008.
- EastMarket (1999), EastMarketTwoNF (2007).
- GradoGradooNF (2002, 2007): a Bauhaus-style font, based on this 1932 poster by Urbano Corva.
- Great Lakes (2003, 2007), GreatLakesShadowNF (2007): based on this poster by Peter Ewart (1935).
- Heavy Tripp NF, Heavy Tripp Ultra Bold (2001, 2007). Both Day Tripper NF and Heavy Tripp are based on Dignity Roman, a typeface from 1929 by art deco alphabet designer Alphonso E. Tripp.
- HeraldSquareNF, HeraldSquareTwoNF (2002, 2007): a font family based on a design by Welo shown in Studio Handbook for Artists and Advertisers (1927).
- HighFiveJiveNF, HighFiveNF (2001, 2007).
- Indochine NF (2003, 2007). Based on this poster by Joseph-Henri Ponchin (1931).
- Ironick-Normal (1999, 2007): an exaggerated Bernhard Modern.
- KerfuffleNF (2000, 2007). Based on this poster by Chris Van Der Hoef (1920).
- KismetNF. A free font. Based on this lettering.
- LabyrinthCapital, Labyrinth (1999, 2007). Based on this poster.
- MetroRetroNF (1999, 2007). MetroRetroRedux (2001, 2010) is a commercial version of that.
- Milton Burlesque NF (2000, 2007).
- Monkey Fingers NF (1999, 2007). Based on an alphabet by Otto Heim published in Farbige Alphabete (1925).
- MunchausenNF (2003, 2007). Based on a poster for an exhibition by Ludwig Heinrich Jungnickel (1911). This is inbetween art deco and art nouveau.
- NickerbockerNF (1999, 2007).
- NightcapCapital, Nightcap NF (1999, 2007). Based on Disque (A. Bardi, 1931).
- OdalisqueNF, OdalisqueRevised (2000, 2007). The commercial versions are Odalisque NF (2008) and Odalisque Stencil (2010). These art deco faces are based on Morris Fuller Benton's Chic (1927).
- ParkLaneNF, ParkLaneRevised (2000, 2007).
- PhattPhreddyNF (2001, 2007).
- PinballWhizNF (2002, 2007). Based on this logotype by Joost Swarte for the comic-strip series "Katoen + Pinbal" (1975).
- PlatonickNF (1999, 2007).
- PlugNickelNF (+Black) (1999, 2007): a reworking of Bremen Black, with small caps and a rather skeptical uppercase R added.
- RadioRanchNF (1999, 2007). Adolf Behrmann designed the classical display face Rundfunk at Berthold in 1928. This face was digitized by Nick Curtis as Radio Ranch NF.
- RaskalnikovNF (2003, 2007). A Cyrillic simulation face based on this poster.
- RialtoEngraved, Rialto NF (2000, 2007): a Broadway style art deco face.
- RiotSquadNF (2000, 2007). after a design by Otto Heim from Heim's 1925 book, Farbige Alphabete.
- RitzyRemixNF (2000, 2007). RitzyNormal is based on Tom Carnase's Busorama.
- Seaside Resort NF (2003, 2007). A bilined titling face based on a 1933 poster by Italy's Bertarelli Studios.
- SelznickNormal, SelznickRemixNF (1999, 2007). An art deco face inspired by movie theaters of the 1930s. Based on ITC Anna.
- Sesquipedalian, SesquipedalianAlternates (2000, 2007). Inspired by a handlettered logo for Torre's Buckdruckerei in Vienna, circa 1919.
- Sid The Kid NF (1999, 2007).
- Skittles N Beer NF (2007) is based on handlettering on a 1929 brochure for the P&O British-India Steamship Line.
- Standing Room Only NF (1999, 2007). Modeled after Broadway, designed by Morris Fuller Benton for ATF in 1928, originally named Broadway Poster.
- Stony Island NF (2002, 2007). An adaptation of an art deco font called Chicago Modern, designed by lettering artist Alf Becker, whose designs graced the pages of Signs of the Times magazine from the late 30s into the 50s.
- StudebakerNF-Bold, Studebaker (1999, 2007). Based on the lettering on a package for True-Mark Brand Typewriter Ribbons, circa 1938, designer unknown.
- TaraBulbousCapital, TaraBulbousNF (1999, 2007). TaraBulbous NF (the commercial version is from 2008) is a fat-lettered font based on Carlyle-Oring lettering. See also here.
- TitanickDisplayNF (1999, 2007): a remake of the bold pin-striped trilined Dextor by L. Meuffels.
Art deco faces by Nick Curtis: I
Google search page
Nick Curtis ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Cubist typefaces ⦿
Bauhaus and type design ⦿
Cyrillic simulation fonts ⦿
Typefaces related to radio ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Labyrinthine fonts ⦿
Tangram typefaces ⦿
Silent movie fonts ⦿