Nick Curtis: Wood types
Nick Curtis's typefaces that took inspiration from wood types. Many of these have WBW in the name, which stands for Whiz-Bang Woodtype.
- Bandiera Del Legno NF (2014). A Tuscan wood type that revives Gothic Tuscan Condensed Reversed by William H. Page.
- Belgique NF (2014). A revival of the (Western) wood type French Clarendon XXX Condensed No. 117 by William H. Page. Skelett Antiken NF (2014) revives Wiliam Page's Clarendon XX (1859).
- Blandford Woodland NF (2005). A light version with lower case of Neuland as seen in Pen&Brush Lettering and Practical Alphabets (Blandford Press, Ltd., London, 1929).
- CopperCanyonInlineWBW, CopperCanyonWBW, CopperCanyonWBWDemiBold.
- Falfurrias WBW (2004). Based on authentic xylographic designs from the late nineteenth century.
- Fran Tique NF (2008). The decorative wood type typeface French Antique Extended, featured in the 1905 BB&S catalog, and originally due to William H. Page, was revived as Fran Tique NF.
- Fredericksburg WBW (2006). Based on a wood type by Rob Roy Kelly, which is the same source Jordan Davies used for his Teutonic.
- Grand Prairie WBW (2004). Based on an ornamental wood type called Medallic.
- Hunky Dory NF (2014, a circus font after William H. Page's wood type Doric, ca. 1850).
- Indubitably NF (2011): based on Stephenson Blake's 1880s wedge serif typeface Latin Antique.
- Matamoros NF (2010): wood type simulation.
- Page Ephesian NF (2014). A wood type after Ephesian (1890, William H. Page).
- Page Etruscan No 5 NF (2014). A wood type after William H. Page.
- Pgae Five Fifteen NF (2015). After William H. Page.
- Page Wood Borders NF (2011).
- Painters Roman NF (2014). A revival of Painters Roman (1878, Vanderburg & Wells).
- Rockwall and Rockwall Expanded NF (2015). After William H. Page's Aldine (1870) and Aldine Expanded (1872).
- Round Rock WBW (2006). A Western style font called No. 154 by Rob Roy Kelly.
- San Angelo NF. Based on a 1890 William H. Page Foundry woodtype grotesque specimen.
- Sodbuster NF (2014). After William Page's Gothic Dotted.
- Terlingua WBW (2005). A wood type called Phanitalian in Rob Roy Kelly's collection.
- TradingPostNF (2003). Based on this poster.
- Tuscalooza NF (2014). After William H. Page's Tuscan Extended (1872).
- Woodtype Borders NF (2010), Woodtype Borders 2 NF (2011).
- Woody Goodies 1 and 2 WBW (2004): ornaments, including fists.
- Ye Olde Block NF (2004). Lewis F. Day, in his book Alphabets Old and New, offered this typeface as an example from sixteenth-century England of lettering incised in wood.
- NF (2010). Based on James Conner's wood style typeface Aetna (1888), aka Painter's Gothic.
Nick Curtis: Wood types
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Nick Curtis ⦿
Wood Type ⦿
Fists, pointing hands ⦿
Circus fonts ⦿
Tuscan fonts ⦿