In 2009, Hackberry Font Foundry grew out of NuevoDeco Typography, which in turn was a commercial foundry that formed part of Bergsland Design located in Las Lunas, NM and run by David Bergsland (b. 1944, Buffalo, NY), a 1971 graduate of the University of Minnesota. The newest address is in Mankato, MN. Identifont link. Author of Practical Font Design: 2nd Edition: Rewritten for FontLab 5. Klingspor link. His fonts:
View David Bergsland's typefaces.
- Aargh!- Light and Heavy.
- Abiquiu Black.
- Ablati (2009)
- Out of Nuevo Litho (1993) appeared Abrect (2009).
- Academi (2010).
- Adieu (1998). Adieu Two (2006, an almost blackletter script).
- The high-ascendered and bouncy sans face Aerle (2009).
- Aero Script (2001, and its extension, JargonPro, 2004)
- Aggressian (2012). An angular and angry typeface.
- Akme Pro (2002). Akme (2002, an industrial sans family).
- Albe Sans (2000).
- Allektra (2002).
- Altra (2006).
- AmeriDistort (old typewriter, Seamus Mills).
- Amico (2008, a sans family).
- Amitale (2008). Amitale (2008) has eight styles in each of AmitaleBook and AmitaleWide.
- Aramus (2008). Aramus is an old style text face.
- Archaic Penpoint Pro (2004, stylish blackletter).
- Ardone Book (2007, garalde, a close relative of his own Diaconia Old Style, which in turn was influenced by the 19th century Dutch bible font, Minister (Linotype)). Ardone Book (+ Italic) is accompanyied by a sans called Arinar, and a slab serif called Alexandrya.
- Artichoke (2007). A calligraphic printed script face with rough outlines, which according to the typophiles is a shameful clone of Chris Costello's Papyrus.
- Out of Aramus grew Artimas (2009), a "book" family with tall ascenders.
- Arturo (2008). A flared sans serif based on an alphabet found in Dan Solo book.
- Artz (2002).
- Astaire Pro (2004). He writes: This is a deco-style text OpenType Pro font loosely based on Koch's Locarno as seen in KochAltschrift a recent free German tribute to Koch's work. I was familiar with Meeks' Letraset presstype version called Locarno, but I never liked the proportions used by either Meeks or Koch. So I radically revised ascender, descender, and x-height to make them more usable.
- Auntie Pat (2008). A decorative script face.
- Avenue (2002)
- Beatz (by or with Seamus Mills).
- Bergsland Engravers Pro (2005).
- Bergsland Display (2005).
- In 2005, he created Bergsland Fashion and Bergsland Round
- Bergsland Pro.
- Bilbo Black.
- Bilbo Pro Fiesta.
- Bjorgi Pro (2004).
- Bling (2009).
- Brinar (2006). A Koch-inspired slightly playful humanist sans text family.
- Buddy (2010). Buddy Slender (2011) is an informal display sans family.
- Bushing (2010). An interpretation of Cushing No. 2 by ATF.
- Chunkie (2010).
- Contenu (2010). A text book family. Followed by Contenu EBook (2012).
- Cushing Two (2011).
- Cutlass (2010). Uncial.
- Diaconia Old Style (1994-2001).
- In 2006, he added Fiscal, a squarish sans face
- NuevoLitho (1993).
- Poniard (2011). A medieval script.
- Sturdy (2006, heavy sans).
Hackberry Font Foundry (Was: NuevoDeco Typography, or: Bergsland Design)
Google search page
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Typewriter fonts ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
MICR fonts ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Type scene in New Mexico ⦿
Type scene in New York ⦿
Comic/cartoon fonts ⦿
Type scene in Minnesota ⦿
Books on type design ⦿
Uncial typefaces ⦿