Graduate of the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. He began his career as a designer with Thirst in 1994, and helped to build Thirstype until 1999. All of Patric's typefaces moved with Thirstype to Village in 2001, then on to XO, Pretty in Chicago in 2005 (which he founded together with his husband Su and Milan Zrnic (fashion photographer in Los Angeles). Thirstype disappeared.
- Citrine (2018). Based on word processing typefaces from the 1980s.
- Rocinante Titling (2018).
- Havelock (2017). A set of four interchangeable all-caps typefaces for layering, based on the original sketches of Gia (2000). Includes Havelock Stencil. Followed by Havelock Titling (2017). See also Havelock Complete (2017).
- Royal Street (2013). An organic grotesque. He used an early sketch of this for the Lifehacker logotype while at Gawker Media.
- Automaton (2009). Techno. The early internal name was Blechstreet. Patric writes: I originally designed the face for the Backstreet Boys' Millennium tour in 1999. The agency was not at all into the typeface (I think they wanted something more organic), so it was never used. I eventually completed it and re-used it for Fleshbot and Fleshbot Films while designing all the identity systems for Gawker Media.
- Nineteen Eighty Four (2005). A construcivist typeface also related to the German New Wave.
- Commodity (2003). Ten geometric styles at the defunct Thirstype.
- Gia (2000). Five original styles based on the NASA logo font and named after the first woman to die of AIDS, Gia Carangi. Extended to 7 weights in 2016. For a short time, Gia was called Atari Baby, but the name was changed to Gia for trademark reasons.
- Fast Girls (1995). No longer available.
- 1985, 1997, Phoebe, Apocalipstick, Smile. Old Thirstype typefaces that are no longer available.
- Revenant (1995). A redesign of the defunct typeface Bad Excuse (1995).
- Food. A bespoke logo font for Chicago laundromat chain Bubbleland.
- Undergraduate work in 1993: Flex, DAT, Flourish, and Scribner.
Pretty's catalog. View Patric King's typefaces. Klingspor link. Behance link. Creative Market link.
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Creative Market page
Klingspor Museum page
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Type scene in Tennessee ⦿
Type scene in Illinois ⦿
Type design and constructivism ⦿
Sci-Fi fonts ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿