Designer (b. Barcelona, 1968) at type-o-tones in Barcelona. She publishes as well as promotes all her type designs through her own type foundry, Type-Ø-Tones. In 2003-2004, she took a year off and took the postgraduate Type and Media course at KABK (Royal Academy of Art) in The Hague, Holland. She is a professor of typography in Spain. Author of TypoMag. Typography in Magazines (IndexBook) and co-author of Cómo crear tipograías. Del boceto a la pantalla (Tipo E). MyFonts link. Fontshop link. Her typefaces:
- Cortada: her first typeface. In 2012, she published the angular signage face Cortada Dos at Type O Tones.
- Frankie (1992, a grunge font done with Juan Dávila). Frankie is the result of a process of erosion, photocopying, scanning and digitisation based on the Franklin Gothic type (1904, Morris Fuller Benton).
- Guapa (2011). A thin monoline curlified display face with an art deco aroma. Followed in 2012 by Guapa Deco.
- Multi (2012). A magazine type family, with weights from hairline to black.
- Rumba (2003-2007): this semi-script family won an award at the TDC2 2005 type competition.
- In 2009, the low-to-zero contrast Alexander Girard family was published by House Industries. It consists of Girard Sky, Girard Script, Girard Display, Girard Sansusie and Girard Slab in many weights and styles. It was created by Laura Meseguer based on the lettering used to announce the textile designs that Alexander Girard did for Herman Miller in 1955.
- Magasin (2013, Type o Tones) is a connected retro-chic upright script typeface. She writes: Some examples that have inspired me are Corvinus (Imre Reiner, 1934) and Quirinus (Alessandro Butti, 1939) and the later Fluidum (1951), a kind of non-connected script version of Quirinus, also designed by Alessandro Butti for Nebiolo foundry.
Interview by MyFonts.
Interview by Unostiposduros.
Google search page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type design in Catalunya ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Signage typefaces ⦿
Books on type design ⦿