Christophe Badani (b. 1969, Marseilles) is a French type designer. He resides in Boulogne-Billancourt, France. His typefaces:
- Ambre Script (1999). Based on Carolingian forms.
- Berto (2000, +Decoration). A digitization of a 1950s Cyrillic simulation typeface by Joseph Bertocchio (1907-1978), which has, in addition, nice ornaments.
- IndexLT (1998).
- Linotype Rough (1998).
- Custom fonts: Akerys, Alstom (2007, a sans typeface done with Stephane Gabrielli), BD Asterix (2003-2005), Ciboulette (2006, script done for Auchan), Darty Sans (for Darty; with Stephane Gabrielli), Eurodatacar (2007: a stencil typeface done with Stephane Gabrielli), Fédération Française de Basketball (or FFBB; read about it here), Graphèmes (2007, a sans typeface done with Stephane Gabrielli), Lacoste Sans (2002, for Lacoste; The typophiles find it too close to TheSans), Lancômes (2004, a hairline connected script), Lune de Miel (handwriting, 2002, for YSA; has many alternate double and triple letter combinations, and tries to simulate real handwriting), MAAF, Peugeot (done in 2009 with Stephane Gabrielli), Pimkie, Roland Garros (+Serif) (2015), Seenk (2005, with J.-B. Levée), Sogea, Ubisoft (2003, developed in collaboration with the Seenk agency (design&MixMedia studio) for the video game company Ubisoft: it won the "Trophée d'Or" award at the Intergraphic Congress in Paris in January 2004, and consists of Ubisoft Imagine, Ubisoft Petz, Ubisoft Text, Ubisoft Title One & Ubisoft Title Two), Vinci Sans and Vinci Serif (2007, with Stephane Gabrielli), Weber.
- Jo (2013). A swashy set of capitals.
- VTF Mister Pixel and VTF Mister Pixel Tools (2003-2011, at Velvetyne).
- Elior (2014). A corporate typeface.
- GACD (2016): custom type.
- Vinci Script (2016). A custom script for Vinci. The Arabic was designed by Mathieu Réguer.
- Trends Tag (2016). A custom sans.
- Eurodatacar (2016). A rounded stencil typeface.
- Cloche d'Or (2016). Custom all caps alphabets for Minale Design Strategy Brussels. Designed by Christophe Badani (lead), Maha Mouidine, and Léo Guibert. It includes Normal, Hatch, Inline Bright, Inline Dark, Stencil and Outline styles.
- DS (2017). A didone typeface family for DS Atomobiles. By Serge Cortési and Christophe Badani.
Christophe runs Typophage, a type activity center. Interview with Planete Typographie. Some of his fonts are also at Typotek. In 2004, he joined Ultra Pixel Fonts, where he made the pixel typeface Mr. Pixel. His historical pages explain about things such as Quadrata (first century roman lettering).
Dafont link. Klingspor link. FontShop link. Linotype link. Badani's personal site. Behance link.
Klingspor Museum page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Pixel/bitmap fonts ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Type design in France ⦿
Comic/cartoon fonts ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Corporate typefaces ⦿
Carolingian typefaces ⦿
Cyrillic simulation fonts ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿