Gábor Kóthay (Fontmunkások) is a Hungarian type designer (b. 1962) who lives in Szeged. Gábor Kóthay's fonts include:
- At T-26: Alphabet2, Alphabet4, Archetype, Axis No 1, Bacchus, and Tyrnavia in 2000, and the Roman inscription inspired family Minerva Modern, Minerva Display (a Roman family) in 2002. Also, Betabet sans, Betabet web, Gnosis (hairline italic), Oceanus (2004, hairline sans), Pelso (2004, hairline), Laureate (2004, hairline art deco), Picaresque (2004, irregular handwriting).
- At FONTana: LaDanse, Y2K, Domino, QwertyRegular and Luxury, all in 1999-2000.
- At P22: Driade (2005, Regular, Linea and Aged: calligraphic futuristic experiments), Zephyr (2001, curly; +Open Face), Schwarzkopf (2003, a Schwabacher face), La Danse (2001), Ambient (2001), the Schwabacher Fraktur font SchwarzKopf (2002), Caffe (2009: originally designed for the Artz Gallery Cafe in Budapest Hungary. The design is a contemporary handwriting style adapted from examples in lettering exercise books. It has been redrawn and expanded into six styles. The four weights were created by drawing the style using different mediums: Cappuccino in pen, Pastry in felt-tip, Lemonade in brush and Tobacco, the original, in pencil, and Poster and Poster Inline are additional styles).
- At PsyOps: the formal script Anglia (2001), Berill (2001), SchwarzKopf (2002, Fraktur) and Plexo (2001).
- At Job Art Studio (his own studio in Szeged, which he founded): Cats (free dingbats), Disasters (dingbats), Bubble (comic book font), 103 kék.
- At Fountain: Zanzibar (2003, nice script face), Incognito (2007, a typical old map typeface), Dessau (2007-2008, a collection of eleven Bauhaus and Bauhaus stencil styles).
- At Fontana: Zodiac, Tisza (2001-2007), a sans family. And Kinesis (2003), a sans typeface based on geometrically precise instructions.
- At Cinqueterre Type Foundry: Eva (wedge serif; sample, another sample).
- At Fontmunkások: Birdland (1999-2002), a minimalist face; Asphalt and Asphalt Signs (1996-2000), a slightly grungy set of fonts; Arcade (1999); Adagietto (2000); Flyer and Flyer Fossil (2002), a curly family.
- Custom typefaces: Aqua Futurist (2008): a hairline unicase sans family with uncial influences. It is unclear if he had a hand in the typography of stockings, which I found on his site.
Dafont link. FontShop link.
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type design in Hungary ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Comic/cartoon fonts ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Very thin (hairline sans) typefaces ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Experimental type ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Type blogs ⦿
Unicase type design ⦿
Bauhaus and type design ⦿
Bastarda / Bâtarde / Schwabacher ⦿
Uncial typefaces ⦿
Astrological fonts ⦿
Stone age fonts ⦿
Curly typefaces ⦿