Matt Frost Type is located in Madison, WI. Matt designed some fonts at Chank's place, including Cowboy Rhumbahaut (2000), a take on a mid 19-th century ornamental face. His home page. In 2011, he set up Matt Frost Foundry.
His commercial typefaces include
- Aegean (2012). A swashy take on roman capitals. The spurred version is Cirque (2012).
- Antler (2014-2016). A spurred woody letterpress vintage family of typefaces Antler has your back for beer bottles, fantasy novels, taco shops, beekeepers, cattle rustlers, tattoo artists, druids, hair bands, and bounty hunters, is how Matt descrives the typeface family. The Western typefaces Antler East, Antler North, Antler West (spurred; in Regular, Wood and 3d) and Antler South (Tuscan) were published in 2016. In 2017, he added Antler.
- Baron of Arizona (2011). A Victorian ornamental face.
- Baboon (2015). A handcrafted poster typeface.
- Cirque (2012).
- Cow Boss (2015). A Tuscan Western typeface.
- Dubliners (2011). A signage script face.
- Escape From Budapest (2011). Art deco, based on a type specimen in the Communist Sculpture graveyard outside of Budapest.
- King Of Prussia (2011). An angular Halloween face.
- Praha Nouveau (2011). Art nouveau. Praha Nouveau is based on a type specimen on the statue of Jan Hus in Prague's Old Town Square. The statue was designed in 1903 by Ladislav Saloun.
- Quijibo (2011). A quaint handmade slab serif.
- Street of Crocodiles (2011). Inspired by the main title of the Quay Brothers film Street of Crocodiles (based on the 1934 Bruno Schultz book).
View Matt Frost's typefaces.
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Monotype foundry link
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Type scene in Wisconsin ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Art Nouveau typefaces ⦿
Type design in Czechia ⦿
Type design in Hungary ⦿
Horror fonts ⦿
Signage typefaces ⦿
Ornamental caps typefaces ⦿
Wood Type ⦿
Western fonts ⦿
Tuscan fonts ⦿