London-based Phil Garnham joined Fontsmith in June 2003 as designer to assist in the development and production of new alphabets for the Fontsmith font library. He is a 2002 graduate of Middlesex University. Many of his fonts are co-designed with Jason Smith. His typefaces:
- FS Albert (2009). Codesigned by Mitja Miklavcic, Jason Smith and Phil Garnham, FS Albert supports Greek, Cyrillic, and Latin, covering 60 languages.
- FS Aldrin (2016). A rounded sans.
- FS Alvar (2007, Jason Smith and Phil Garnham). A modernist utilitarian octagonal headline font family inspired by the work of Alvar Aalto. Almost a stencil font.
- FS Clerkenwell (2004). A slab serif typeface by Jason Smith and Phil Garnham.
- FS Conrad (2009). A multiline display face.
- FS Emeric (2013). A large humanist slightly angular sans family. Dedicated web site.
- FS Industrie (2018). A 70-style techno / mechanical sans family by Fernando Mello and Phil Garnham.
- FS Kitty (2007, Jason Smith and Phil Garnham). In the Japanese kawaii style.
- FS Lola (2006). Originally designed for Wechsler Ross&Portet by Phil Garnham, it is advertised by Fontsmith as a transgender type.
- FS Me (2009). A sans family designed for readers with a learning disability. It was co-designed by Mitja Miklavcic, Jason Smith, Emanuela Conidi, Fernando Mello and Phil Garnham. FS Me was researched and developed in conjunction with---and endorsed by---Mencap, the UK's leading charity and voice for those with learning disability. Mencap receives a donation for each font licence purchased.
- FS Pele (2007). An ultra fat typeface by Jason Smith and Phil Garnham.
- FS Sally (Jason Smith and Phil Garnham). FS Sally Pro won an award at Granshan 2016.
- FS Silas Sans (2008, Jason Smith, Bela Frank, Fernando Mello and Phil Garnham).
- FS Sinclair (2008). A rounded octagonal typeface by Jason Smith and Phil Garnham.
He made a custom face for the Northern Ireland Tourist Board in 2010. View Phil Garnham's typefaces.
Klingspor Museum page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Octagonal typefaces ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Type design in the United Kingdom ⦿
Cyrillic type design ⦿
Type design in Northern Ireland ⦿