Andrew Leman is a prop designer in Hollywood, CA. The type foundry HPLHS Prop Fonts (was: Ephemera, Prop Fonts) was started by Hollywood's Andrew Leman, and is now located in Pasadena, CA. Some fonts are free, most are commercial.
Dafont link. Klingspor link.
Andrew Leman's fonts:
- Cablegram (2001, old typewriter face, T-26).
- Garamold (2007, 2 styles).
- Journalistic (2007, a blackletter inspired by the nameplate of a New England newspaper from the 1920s).
- Blackburn (2006, distressed).
- RTemporal (2006, blackletter).
- Fonts in the HPLHS series, dated 2002: HeadlineTwoHPLHS, OldStyle1HPLHS, OldstyleItalicHPLHS, OldstyleSmallCapsHPLHS, Rogo, SlabSerifHPLHS, TelegramHPLHS, WW2BlackletterHPLHS, WW2BlackltrAltHPLHS, HPLHS-Lovecraft Cursive and Block (replica of H. P. Lovecraft's own handwriting), HPLHS-Autograph Lanier (replica of the 1875 handwriting of Sidney Lanier, a 19th century American poet), HPLHS-TextSerif (really Linotype Antique No. 1), HPLHS-TypoScript, HPLHS-TextSerif Oblique, HPLHS-Bulfinch, HPLHS-Colwell, HPLHS-Colwell Italic, HPLHS-Cromwell, HPLHS-National Oldstyle (after Goudy's font by that name), HPLHS-Post Monotone, HPLHS-Atlas Italic, HPLHS-Italic, HPLHS-Victoria (from the 1923 ATF book), HPLHS-Manuscript Caps, HPLHS-Tome Pi, HPLHS-TypoGothic, HPLHS-Copperplate Roman, HPLHS-Gothic520, HPLHS-Times Gothic, HPLHS-Persnickety, HPLHS-Roman Engraved, HPLHS-Mercantile, HPLHS-Mercantile Oblique, HPLHS-Mercantile Card, HPLHS-Headline Modified, HPLHS-ExtraExtra, HPLHS-Extra (wood type), HPLHS-Forsythe, HPLHS-MetroThin, HPLHS-MetroLight, HPLHS-MetroMedium, HPLHS-MetroMedium Italic, HPLHS-MetroBlack, HPLHS-Policy Gothic, HPLHS-Black Gothic, HPLHS-Gothic Compressed, HPLHS-Black Condensed, HPLHS-Black Oblique, HPLHS-Electro Gothic, HPLHS-Blackletter (an irregular hand-drawn textura font based on the lettering of French heraldic engraver Charles Demengeot).
- The E-phemera Font Collection, available from MyFonts, which includes these fonts, with a majority being retro or script faces: Policy Gothic (2012, an eroded caps face), Mooseheart (2012), Operapolitan (2012), Fishwrapper (2012), Fred (2007, inspired by a 1930s face by Fred G. Cooper), Schreibweise (2007, a pirate-flavored font inspired by a hand-lettered manuscript dating from 1492), Cablegram-Regular, Golden Ticket-Base, Cablegram-Urgent, Golden Ticket-Fill, Cablegram-Madras, Golden Ticket-Highlight, Cablegram-Ottoman, Julius Klinger (2003, based on 1925 fabric lettering by Julius Klinger), Cablegram-Zagreb, DMV Printer, Landry Gothic, Penitentiary Gothic-Regular, Telegrafo, Penitentiary Gothic-Fill, Toronto Gothic, Penitentiary Gothic-Hilite, Vogue (pencil-lettered caps), Penitentiary Gothic-Lolite, Penitentiary Gothic-Shadow, Chicago House, Compliments-Regular, Compliments-Upright, Satisfaction (script based on 1930s cigarette ads), Vandal Broke Extra Juicy, Lanier (2004), Impersonal. The Cablegram, Penitentiary and DMV series are typewriter fonts. Heck Italic (2010) is based on captions, labels and legends appearing on 19th-century maps and natural history engravings by Johann Georg Heck. Dai Vernon (2010) is based on the handwriting of card magician Dai Vernon.
View Andrew Leman's typefaces.
E-phemera (was: HPLHS Prop Fonts, and earlier: Prop Fonts)
Google search page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Typewriter fonts ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Wood Type ⦿
Ornamental caps typefaces ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Type scene in California ⦿
Victorian typefaces ⦿
Fashion mag typefaces ⦿
Silent movie fonts ⦿