Type designer (formerly Alan Greene) who is presently at MvB Design in charge of font production. Before that, he was head of custom font creation at FontShop San Francisco, and was also briefly at T26.
Fontfont link. FontShop link. Notes from a talk on typography.
- The huge serifed family FF Atma (2001).
- Indispose (T26).
- MVB Peccadillo (2002, MVB). Done with Holly Goldsmith.
- MVB Sirenne family (2002). Done with Mark van Bronkhorst, this large family is based on an 18th century design, with optical sizes.
- The free font family Courier Prime (2013), created for John August and Quote Unquote Apps, made for screenwriters: Courier Prime is optimized for 12 point size, and matches the metrics of Courier and Courier Final Draft, so you can often swap it out one-for-one. Other Couriers just slant the letters to create faux italics. We give you a whole new typeface [with true italics], modeled off the script of vintage typewriters. The competition was Mac Courier [the 1990 Apple system font made by Bitstream] and Courier Final Draft [used in the Final Drafdt screenwriter software]. At Open Font Library, we find Courier Prime Code (for programmers) and Courier Prime Sans, both designed in 2015.
- Codesigner at American Type Founders Collection of ATF Alternate Gothic (2015, Mark van Bronkhorst, Alan Dague-Greene, David Sudweeks, Igino Marini, & Ben Kiel). ATF Alternate Gothic is a new, significant digital expansion to 40 fonts of Morris Fuller Benton's classic 1903 design.
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type scene in California ⦿
Typewriter fonts ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Courier and derived typefaces ⦿
Morris Fuller Benton ⦿
Fonts for programming ⦿