Type designer from Buffalo, NY. His typefaces were mostly developed at P22. Klingspor link. A partial list of his fonts:
- In 2008, he revived and extended Cigno, a 1950s script face by Aldo Novarese, and called it P22 Cigno.
- LTC Circled Caps.
- P22 Civilité is a joint effort of Colin Kahn, Richard Kegler and Milo Kowalski.
- P22 Curwen. P22 Curwen Poster is a digitized version of a rare wood type used by the Curwen Press in England in the early 20th Century for poster work. P22 Curwen Maxima is a new hyper-stylized re-interpretation of Curwen Poster.
- The great display/comic book font Ebin (and Ebin Outline).
- In 2006, he created the P22 Gauguin font family (Regular, Alternate, Brush and Extras), a script font set based on the writings and sketches of post-impressionist artist Paul Gauguin. i
- Glamour (2006, P22/Lanston; also called LTC Glamour Grotesque) is based on the 1948 design by the same name done at Lanston Monotype, which in turn is based on Imre Reiner's Corvinus.
- Goudy Sans (2006, P22/Lanston, 6 styles): Goudy Sans Bold was originally designed by Frederic Goudy in 1922 as a less formal gothic and finished in 1929. The Light was designed in 1930 and the Light Italic in 1931. Colin Kahn digitized them in 2006 to make a 6-style Goudy Sans family, which includes a Goudy Sans Hairline.
- In 2008, he revisited Richard Kegler's P22 Platten, which was based on lettering found in German fountain pen practice books from the 1920s, and created the extended face P22 Platten Neu.
- Internship (2003), or St G Schrift. P22 swrites: St. G Schrift (2005, P22) is a font based on the type designs of German poet Stefan George. This sans-serif face features a few variations found in books published by George in Berlin. Includes P22 St. G Schrift One, P22 St. G Schrift Two and P22 St. G Italic (an art nouveau version of the roman, newly designed). The original font was cast in 1907 by a small foundry in Germany and was used primarily for the works of George as well as other books including a monumental edition of Dante's Divine Comedy. This may or may not contradict the fact that Marcus Behmer designed Stefan George-Schrift in 1904.
- P22 Tuscan Expanded is a digitization of the mid-19th century wood type font Antique Tuscan Expanded - Wells&Webb 1854.
- P22 Vale (2007, in Roman and Kings Fount styles) are based on types by Charles Ricketts that were used by the Vale Press (which in turn were based on Jenson). The Kings Fount is originally dated 1903.
- In 2007 still, he revived Zebra (P22), a font originally designed in 1963-1965 by Karlgeorg Hoefer.
View Colin Kahn's typefaces.
Google search page
Comic/cartoon fonts ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Wood Type ⦿
Very thin sans faces ⦿
Type scene in New York ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
Art Nouveau typefaces ⦿
Skyline Typefaces ⦿