Austrian foundry located in Vienna, est. in 2008 by Marcus Sterz (b. 1971) and Andrej Waldegg. MyFonts link. Unless exlicitly mentioned, all typefaces are by Marcus Sterz. You Work For Them link.
- Aldrans (2009, minimal sans).
- Anymals (2008) is one of my favorites: it has dingbats of imaginary undersea monsters.
- Asimov (2009). What is this?
- Baustelle Thin (2009, hairline sans).
- Bikra (2010, Plain and Stencil).
- Blitzplakat (2009). A poster face, white on black.
- Darjeeling (2010) is a display family inspired by both Optima and Bodoni.
- Doll (2008), Dollbats (2008).
- Flint (2008). A hand-drawn squarish face.
- Gerber (2009, pixel face).
- Grafinc (2009). An ultra fat art deco. See also Grafinc Rounded.
- Hausbau (2009, experimental).
- Idrans Medium (2010). A poster face.
- With Georg Herold-Wildfellner, he created the Victorian family Ivory in 2009.
- Letterpress (2009) is an experimental grungy family in which he mixes glyphs of three classics, Jakob Erbar's Phosphor (Ludwig&Mayer Foundry, ca. 1923), Aurora (1912, Johannes Wagner Foundry) and Permanent Headline or simply Headline (Karlgeorg Hoefer).
- Lignette Script (2011) is an extensive loopy monoline script font.
- Loki (2009). A decorative pixel family.
- The Marlowe family (2010) is pure art deco elegance---a play on geometric forms and elegance. Subfamilies include Marlowe Cocktail and Marlowe Swirl.
- Moki (2011).
- Motto (2009). An art deco face in the style of the Italian Futurismo of the 1920s, designed for using with two colors.
- Mouse (2008-2009, pixel), Mousedings (2008).
- Notdef (2009). A strange experiment.
- The handwriting face Palma (2008).
- Pinback (2009, techno).
- Scrap Outline (2008).
- Slug (2009). A geometric face made for bicoloring.
- Status (2009, super fat art deco).
- Strangelove Next (2010). This beautiful typeface was inspired by Stanley Kubrick's movie Dr. Strangelove. The original titles where designed by Pablo Ferro, who is one of the most acclaimed film title designers, especially famous for his hand-drawn lettering. Dr. Strangelove is a hairline face.
- Substance (2013). A sans family.
- Wenzel (2009). Handprinted.
Facetype's typeface library. See also here. View Marcus Sterz's typefaces.
Google search page
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Type in Austria ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Pixel/bitmap fonts ⦿
Experimental type ⦿
Movie fonts ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Very thin sans faces ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Victorian typefaces ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿