Quezon City or Kyusi (Philippines)-based designer of revivals and opportunistic typefaces, who is quite active on newsgroups like alt.binaries.fonts. His production is impressive:
Alternate URL. Fontspace link. Partial catalog from 2010. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link.
- Typefaces from Dan Solo's books: Pluto Outline (2012), a 3d beveled typeface from page 82 of Solo's Outline Alphabets. K22 Angular Text (2012, an interpretation of Herman Ihlenburg's 1884 Victorian typeface Angular Text Mackellar, Smiths and Jordan), K22 Helve Cursive (based on Helvetica Serif by Dan Solo; other digitizations include Pen Tip (WSI) and Renania (Intellcta)), K22 Spiral Swash (Victorian), K22 Athenian Wide (2011: K22 Athenian Wide is Athenian Wide on page 5 of Circus Alphabets: 100 Complete Fonts by Dan X. Solo; see also Tobias SSK), K22 TriLine Gothic (2011, a multiline art deco typeface based on Ross F. George's TriLine Gothic from 1956), K22 Timbuctu (2011: this is the Arabic simulation typeface Timbuctu on page 73 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces and on page 95 of Special Effects and Topical Alphabets: 100 Complete Fonts by Dan X. Solo), K22 Didoni (2011, + Swash: a fat typeface based on Didoni from page 33 of Swash Letter Alphabets: 100 Complete Fonts by Dan X. Solo and also on page 140 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces), K22 K22 Eureka (2010, based on Eureka from Dan X. Solo's book "Circus Alphabets, 100 Complete Fonts"), K22 Monastic (2010, based on Monastic from Victorian Display Alphabets by Dan X. Solo), Solo Ornaments (2003, based on Solo's books), K22 Eclair (2010, a decorative Western typeface Toto found in Dan X. Solo's book on Victorian alphabets, but which in fact dates back to Hans Brehmer in 1868), K22 Karnak Deco (2009, a slab serif based on Karnak Deco from the Moderne Alphabets by Dan X. Solo and published by Dover Publications in 1999).
- Revivals of Letraset phototypes: K22 Lucifer No. 1 (2012, a beveled neon-look face).
- Typefaces from 101 Alphabets (W. Ben. Hunt and Ed. C. Hunt, The Bruce Publishing Company, New York, 1958): Saisa (2011, art deco face), K22 Amihan (2011, an art deco face, after this original).
- MICR fonts: K22 GKW Computer (2011, a MICR font which is based on KW Computer from ATF, and looks very similar to Moore Computer), Auto Mission (2011, after Auto Mission was derived from the MICR font Automation Shaded on page 3 of Solo's Special Effects and Topical Alphabets, and is more complete than Otto Mason SH, the Soft Horizon digitization of Automation).
- Fonts based on work by Ross F. George: K22 TriLine Gothic (2011) is based on Tri-Line Gothic by Ross F. George in Speedball Text Book, 17th Edition, 1956.
- K22 Xanthus (2012, based on Xanthus Computer, a dry transfer (or rub-on) font from Mecanorma).
- K22 Stile Ballmer (2011, after an art deco typeface made by Walter Ballmer for Olivetti), Mallary (2011, based on Mallary from page 43 of Dan X. Solo's Moderne Alphabets).
- K22 Landi Linear (2011, after Nebiolo's Landi Linear).
- Le Pochoir (2011, an art deco stencil typeface (à la Futura Stencil) based on an alphabet from Plate 40 of La Lettre dans la Peinture et la Publicité by Jean Joveneaux, Paris, 1987), Le Pochoir Creux (2011), Lettre dans le decor (2011, based on an alphabet from "La Lettre dans le Decor et la Publicité Modernes").
- Splash Gordon (2011, +Inline; after the title of Flash Gordon, the movie).
- Soccer shirt fonts: Brooks Chile (2011, used by Chile in the 2010 world cup), SwitchImage FC Copenhagen (2011, used by FC Kopenhagen), Azmie WC2010 South Korea (2010), SwitchimageACMilan (2010), FCBarcelona (2010), Azmie WC2010 United States (2010), Azmie WC2010 England (2010), Azmie WC2010 Australia (2010), Azmie WC2010Brazil (2010, based on a vector image by Kuala Lumpur-based Azmie for the Brazilian World Cup team), Azmie WC2010Portugal, Azmie WC2010Netherlands, Azmie2Slovenija-2010, Real Madrid 2011 (2010), ABFonts RCD Mallorca 2012 (based on the shirts of Real Club Deportivo Mallorca, for the 2012-2013 season).
- K22 EricGill Shadow (2011, after Gill's 1929 face, Gill Sans Shadow 338; and K22 EricGill Shadow Line, an inline version).
- Sajou Fancy Gothic (2011, based on pages 3 and 4 of Sajou No. 236, a late 19th century French embroidery booklet).
- RAWB (2010, ultra fat family).
- Linyat Bilog (2010). A geometric monoline typeface.
- K22 Ambelyn Condensed (2010, based on Ambelyn Condensed, page 2 of Condensed Alphabets: 100 Complete Fonts by Dan X. Solo and also page 21 of The Solotype Catalog of 4,147 Display Typefaces where it is called Ambelyn), K22 Spiral Swash (2010, based on Spiral Swash from Dan X. Solo's Swash Letter Alphabets (p79)).
- Art Jam MakingFaces (2003, a great dingbat font based on designs found in Image Club Graphics' volume 30, called Art Jam).
- Town Sketches Bandstand (2003, based on volume 35 (Sketches On The Town)).
- Fonts based on Aridi's designs: Nabel Initials (2005, based on Marwan Aridi's Nabel from the Initial Caps Vol I), Anabel (2005, a simpler version of Nabel Initials), Blister Caps (2005, based on the Blister set from the Aridi Initial Caps Vol. 1), RegalAlt, RegalInitials (2005, based on the Regal set from the Aridi Initial Caps Vol. I), SpringAlt, SpringInitials (2005, based on the Spring set from the Aridi Initial Caps Vol. I), VictorianaAlt, VictorianaInitials (2005, based on the Victoriana set from the Aridi Initial Caps Vol. III), Tuscan Initials (2005, based on more of Marwan Aridi's alphabets), Napoli Initials (2009, more Aridi capitals), Gothic Initials (2009, Aridi-based), Romant Initials (2009, Aridi-based), Royal Initials (2009, Aridi-based), Stone Initials (2009, also based on Aridi).
- K22 You Know Who (2004, dingbats based on Dark Mark from the Harry Potter books).
- Gidget Cameo (2004).
- K22 Xerxes (2003, a stone carving typeface).
- Dover Birds (2012, based on the Birds Alphabet Coloring Book by Ruth Soffer, Dover Publications).
- K22 Spotty Face (2012, +Cyrillic) is a dot matrix font based on Tony Huggett's Spotty (Zipatone).
- K22 Gadget Lined (2012) is an art deco typeface based on Gadget Lined by Peter Bennett at Zipatone. See also K22 Gadget (2014).
- K22 Lawenta (2012). A teepee-styled typeface (check also Nick Curtis's Wigwam NF). He says: The font is based on the alphabet on page 63 of 101 Alphabets by W. Ben. Hunt and Ed. C. Hunt (The Bruce Publishing Company, New York, 1958).
- K22 My Didot (2012). This is one of three known digitizations of CBS Didot.
- K22 Aking Didot (2012). free.
- K22 Plural (2013) is a revival of the op-art font Plural made in 1971 by Vicente Rojo for the Mexican magazine Plural.
- Sabbath Paranoid (2018). It is based on the letters used in Paranoid, the 1970 album of Black Sabbath.
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Stone age fonts ⦿
Ornamental caps typefaces ⦿
Filipino / The Philippines ⦿
Western fonts ⦿
Athletic lettering faces ⦿
Victorian typefaces ⦿
Dan X. Solo ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
MICR fonts ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Arabic simulation typefaces ⦿
Pixel/bitmap fonts ⦿
Neon tube or faux neon typefaces ⦿
3D fonts ⦿
Soccer typefaces ⦿
Op-art Typefaces ⦿
Typefaces for stitching ⦿
Eric Gill and his typefaces ⦿
Tuscan fonts ⦿