Ingo Preuss studied art at HBK Dresden (1976-1980) and graphic design from 1984-1989. In 1989, Ingo Preuss launched Cubus, a graphic design studio. Since then he also does freelance type design and illustration. Preusstype (est. 2003 in Dossenheim, and now Ladenburg, Germany) is his present foundry. His fonts, in chronological order:
- At Linotype, Ingo Preuss designed Linotype Scrap (1997) and Linotype Funny Bones (1997).
- In 2003, he designed Babine (kid's handwriting), Badgirls (handwriting), Gekko (in the style of Treefrog), PicNic (handwriting), Placebo, Scooter and Spitting Image.
- In 2004, he introduced Daphne, Ebura, Korger Hand (after the 1965 calligraphy of Hildegard Korger) and Rosalia (based on the 1964 brush typeface Stentor by Heinz Schumann). Still in 2004, he created Baroque Borders A and Baroque Borders B, as well as a digital revival of Fleischmann's Groote Canon Duyts (1744) and calls it Fleischmann Gotisch PT (an absolutely gorgeous Fraktur).
- In 2005, he created Care Instructions Pi with US and EU symbologies, as well as Prillwitz (a didone typeface of 1790, cut by Johann Carl Ludwig Prillwitz well before the first Walbaum) and Battista (a fat Bodoni family in Regular, Italic, Open, Stroke&Ornate). Prillwitz Pro was published in 2015.
- In 2006, he added Neue Steinschrift, a 6-style condensed geometric sans. The Pro version contains 814 glyphs, and the strong condensed grotesk family Compressa.
- In 2007, he created the 12-style humanist sans typeface family Phoenica Std (+Mono (for programming), +Hairline) and the blackletter typeface Sinkwitz Gotisch (a revival of a 1942 typeface by Paul Sinkwitz). He also started an affiliation with The German Type Foundry.
- In 2010, he created the Arventa typeface system: Arventa Sans Pro was the basis for the system, but the Slab is not just a Sans with sticking Serifs. Arventa Slab Pro is delicately crafted form the outlines of the Sans.
- Aureata (2015). A vintage text typeface family (+Inline) that reminds me of the style of Lucian Bernhard in the early part of the 20th century.
- The information design sans superfamily Adora (2010-2015), which consist of Adora Compact PRO, Adora Normal PRO, Adora Compressed PRO, and Adora Condensed PRO .
- Instance (2014-2016). A high-contrast almost Peignotian sans family characterized by a karate chop k.
FontShop link. View Ingo Preuss's typeface library.
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Children's handwriting fonts ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
German type scene ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
Treefrog typefaces ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Fonts for programming ⦿