The International Type Design Contest was held by the Linotype Library in 2003. The winners were announced in July 2004:
- Bohemia (2003, Eduardo Manso), a legible serif family.
- Hildegard (2003, Jan Sonntag), a legible sans family.
- Beret (2003, Eduardo Omine).
- Pirouette (2003, Ryuichi Tateno): "Pirouette Text is a beautiful, finely drawn Italic hand, which can set long passages of text. Pirouette Regular is more formal, with elaborate Swash capitals."
- Stencil Moonlight (2003, Gustav Grinbergs).
- Samba (2003, Tony and Caio de Marco), a great curly typeface inspired by the lettering art of J. Carlos, a Brazilian illustrator during the early 20th century.
- VS Expectation (2003, Guido Bittner).
- Elementis (2003, a monospaced comic book typeface originally designed in 1975 by Hans-Jürgen Ellenberger).
- Brda (2003, designed by the Polish designer Franciszek Otto for the Powiat weekly newspaper).
- Boogie (2003, Ralf Weissmantel), a multiline face.
- Picture Yourself (2004, Karin and Peter Huschka), a symbol face.
- Lubok (2003, Julia Borisovna Balasheva), a pictogram typeface referring to a popular style of Russian folk art printing, which dates back to the 18th Century.
- Bobotta Icons (2003, Roberto Mannella).
Past conferences on type design ⦿
Curly typefaces ⦿