Detailed listing of medieval fonts on the web, by Peter Keel (Switzerland), with downloads. Categories:
- Roman fonts used until the 7th century: Justinian and justinian2 (Iconian), JGJ Roman Rustic (Jeffrey Glen Jackson), CelticHand90.
- Early medieval fonts: InsularMinusculeNormal-6th, LatinUncialNormal-1st, RomanHalfuncialNormal-1st, RomanRusticaNormal-1st, CarolingianMinuscule (all by Jack Kilmon), Beowulf1 and AngloSaxonCaps (Peter S. Baker), AngloSaxon-8th, BattelAbbey-8th, VaticanRoughLetters-8th, LibraryOfMinerva-9th, BritishBlockFlourish-10th (all by Robert Anderson), JGJUncial (Jeffrey Glen Jackson), GeschlossenGotikKaps (Jim Fordyce), Gothic1.
- Medieval fonts: BritishOutlineMajuscules and FloralMajuscules-11th (by Robert Anderson), Pontifica-12th (Michael Scarpitti), GothicTextureQuadrata-13th and EarlyGothicbold (by Jack Kilmon).
- Late medieval fonts: MAGotic-14th (Will Software), GothicLeaf, BritishMuseum-14th, DecoratedMajuscules-14th, ItalianCursive-14th and GermanBlackletters-15th (all by Robert Anderson), GoodcityModern-15th (A.S. Meit), MABastarda1-15th (Will Software), BastardaPlain.
- Renaissance and later: JGJDuererGothic-1535 (Jeffrey Glen Jackson), ElegantCapitalsII-16th (Paul Lloyd), MAGKursiv1-16th (WillSoftware), GothicStraightFaced-16th, SpanishRoundBookhand-16th, CurvedManuscript-17th, TraditionalGothic-17th, EnglishGothic-17th (all by Robert Anderson), JohnSpeedDemo-17th (Scriptorium), BuccaneerRegular-18th, CourthandPlain, Fraktur BT, ILShakeFest.
Small free font archives ⦿
Type design in Switzerland ⦿
Bastarda / Bâtarde / Schwabacher ⦿
Carolingian typefaces ⦿
Uncial typefaces ⦿