Slovenian designer who lives in Postojna. His typefaces:
- He created Gf H2O Sans in 2005 font at Gigofonts. This is a humanist sans done with Matevz Medja.
- Tisa is a slab-serif inspired text family that won an award at TDC2 2007. It has useful features such as ink traps and uiformized math symbol and number widths across all styles in the family. In fact, the Latin/Cyrillic type family Tisa was his project at the University of Reading, where he graduated in 2006. He wrote a nice essay on the history of Clarendon (2006). In 2008, he published Tisa as FF Tisa at FontFont. Tisa won a TDC award. In 2012, he added the superfamily FF Tisa Sans (FontFont).
- Mitja worked full-time at Fontsmith and now continues to collaborate with the team on some type design projects. His Fontsmith cooperation led to these typefaces:
- FS Rufus (2009). A slab serif by Mitja Miklavcic, Jason Smith and Emanuela Conidi. Described by them as benevolent, quirky, peculiar, offbeat, jelly beans and ice cream, a retro eco warrior.
- FS Me (2009). A sans family designed for readers with a learning disability. It was co-designed by Mitja Miklavcic, Jason Smith, Emanuela Conidi, Fernando Mello and Phil Garnham. FS Me was researched and developed in conjunction with---and endorsed by---Mencap, the UK's leading charity and voice for those with learning disability. Mencap receives a donation for each font licence purchased.
- FS Albert (2002). A soft-edged sans family by Jason Smith, Mitja Miklavcic and Phil Garnham. FS Albert supports 60 languages, including Greek, Cyrillic and Latin.
- FS Rome (Mitja Miklavcic and Emanuela Conidi). An all caps Trajan typeface.
- At House Industries, Jess Collins and Mitja Miklavic revived Ed Benguiat's great fat face didone typeface (Benguiat) Montage in 2018. In 2014, House Industries, Christian Schwartz, Mitja Miklavcic and Ben Kiel co-designed Velo Serif Text and Velo Serif Display. In 2017, he revived Dave west's 1960s classic at PhotoLettering Inc, Banjo, as Plinc Banjo. Still at House Industries, Christian Schwartz, Mitja Miklavcic and Ben Kiel co-developed Yorklyn Stencil.
- In 2020, he published the experimental modular typeface Trico Script at Fleha Type.
- Davison Spencerian (at House Industries, by Mitja Miklavcic, Ben Barber and Ken Kiel). A digital revival of Dave Davison's 1946 Spenerian script Davison Spencerian.
Klingspor Museum page
Type design in Slovenia ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Cyrillic type design ⦿
History of type ⦿
Mathematics fonts ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Typefaces inspired by the Trajan column in Rome ⦿