Frenchman Jérémie Hornus studied typography at Le Scriptorium de Toulouse, France and the University of Reading, where he graduated in 2006. He worked at Dalton Maag, where he designed Tornac (which became a retail typeface in 2013 at Dalton Maag), a connected script face, and was involved in brand identity for clients such as Burberry, Toyota, HP, Nokia, Danish Industries, Dubai Metro, Manchester Metrolink, and the city of Southampton.
Currently located in Paris, he set up his own commercial foundry in 2013. He also started publishing some of his typefaces at the French type coop Fontyou in 2013. His typefaces:
- Kefa (2006), a Latin/Ethiopic family with slab serif origins and a futuristic twist. Kefa is an Apple system font. In 2013, he published Kefa II Pro and in 2020 Kefa III (at Black Foundry).
- Schoiffer Sans. A soft slightly flared sans inspired by Enschedé's Roman No6, also known as the Scheffers or Quentell types.
- Together, Jérémie Hornus and Franck Montfermé designed the feminine italic typeface Maryleen FY (2013, Fontyou).
- The connected script typeface Tornac (retail typeface from 2013 at Dalton Maag).
- Beaurencourt FY (2013). A vintage 19th century connected secretary's hand script codfesigned with Gia Tran.
- Booster FY (2013, with Alisa Nowak and Luis Gomes). Luis Gomes, Jérémie Hornus and Alisa Nowak co-designed the rounded sans typeface family Booster Next FY in 2014.
- Gauthier FY (2013, with Alisa Nowak). A transitional typeface family. In 2014, Jeremie Hornus and Julien Priez co-designed the hairline typeface Gauthier Display FY.
- Lean-O FY (2013, with Alisa Nowak and Benjamin Lieb). A slab serif with leaning asymmetrical brackets. Has a hairline weight. See also LeanO Sans in 2014.
- Marianina FY (2013, with Alisa Nowak). A contemporary condensed 24-style headline sans family with simple strokes. Characterized by kinks in the ascenders.
- The slender display typeface Sérafine FY (2013) was co-designed by Jason Vandenberg, Jérémie Hornus and Alisa Nowak.
- Gregori Vincens, Gia Tran, J&eacxute;rémie Hornus and Alisa Nowak co-designed the humanist sans typeface Klaus FY (2013).
- At the end of 2013, Jason Vandenberg and Jérémie Hornus co-designed the groovy poster typeface Jack FY.
- In 2013, he collaborated with Alisa Nowak and Fabien Gailleul at FontYou on the design of the astrological simulation typeface Astral FY. The same group of three collaborated in 2014 on Naive Gothic FY.
- In 2014, Adrien Midzic, Jason Vandenberg, Jérémie Hornus, Julien Priez and Alisa Nowak co-designed the creamy script Vanilla FY. With Midzic and Nowak, Hornus co-designed the very humanist sans typeface family Saya FY (2013) and Saya Semisans FY.
- Joao Costa co-designed the thin lachrymal typeface Zitrone FY in 2014 at FontYou with Jérémie Hornus and Alisa Nowak.
- In 2014, Monica Munguia, Alisa Nowak and Jérémie Hornus co-designed the blackletter typeface Blackmoon FY.
- In 2014, Matthieu Meyer, Alisa Nowak and Jérémie Hornus co-designed the wedge serif typeface Ennio FY at FontYou.
- The punchy poster typeface Kraaken FY (2014) was designed by the FontYou team of Bertrand Reguron, Alice Resseguier, Valentine Proust, Julien Priez, Gia Tran, Jérémie Hornus, and Alisa Nowak.
- In 2014, Joachim Vu, Jérémie Hornus and Alisa Nowak co-designed the classical copperplate script typeface Vicomte FY.
- Wes FY (2014). A sans family modeled after Futura.
- Hansom FY (2014) and Hansom Slab FY (2014, Gia Tran, Jeremie Hornus and Alisa Nowak). An organic sans and slab with very large bowls.
- In 2014, Julien Priez, Hugo Dumont, Jérémie Hornus and Alisa Nowak co-designed Rowton Sans FY, a sans family patterned after Gill Sans in six weights, from Hairline to Bold---named after Arthur Eric Rowton Gill, it has the Gillian lower case g but italic lowercase is a bit too far afield for my own taste, especially the squeezed g.
- In 2015, Jérémie Hornus, Clara Jullien and Alisa Nowak co-designed the spurless / organic slightly inflated sans typeface family Diodrum at Indian Type Foundry.
- In 2015, Jérémie Hornus and Clara Jullien co-designed Eurosoft (Indian Type Foundry). Eurosoft is an elliptical monoline techno sans typeface family that is especially attractive in the heavier weights.
- Volkart (2015, Indian Type Foundry). An 18-style neo-grotesk.
- At Indian Type Foundry, Jérémie Hornus and Julie Soudanne co-designed the Spencerian calligraphic copperplate style script typeface Spencerio (2016).
- Tabular (2016): a monospaced programming font by Jérémie Hornus and Julie Soudanne for Indian Type Foundry.
- Intercom (2016). A bare bones sans with tapered terminals and very short ascenders and descenders.
- In 2016, as Black Foundry, Jeremie Hornus, Gregori Vincens, Yoann Minet, and Roxane Gataud (and possibly Riccardo Olocco) designed the free Google web font Atma for Latin (in comic book style) and Bengali.
In 2016, Google Fonts published the free Latin / Bengali signage font Galada (2015). It is based on Pablo Impallari's Lobster (for Latin). The Bengali was developed as a studio collaboration by Jeremie Hornus, Yoann Minet, and Juan Bruce at Black Foundry in France.
- In 2016, he designed the connected calligraphic script typeface Rosaline and the heavy slab serif poster typefaces Thug and Thug Rough for Indian Type Foundry. Github link.
- In 2016, Julie Soudanne and Jérémie Hornus designed the condensed movie title and credit typeface Title.
- Alpinist (2016) is a humanist sans with a small x-height optimized for magazine design and other editorial applications. The edges are slightly rounded for easy reading. Designed by Jeremie Hornus and Alisa Nowak.
- In 2016, Gaetan Baehr and Jeremie Hornus co-designed Hate at Indian Type Foundry. This is the best Halloween and horror movie font ever made, period. The font has 510 glyphs, and each letter has three variants. Letters have spooky-looking hairs or roots sprouting from their zombie outlines.
- In 2017, Jérémie Hornus, Theo Guillard, Morgane Pambrun, Alisa Nowak and Joachim Vu co-designed Bespoke Slab, Bespoke Serif, and Bespoke Sans.
- In 2017, Jérémie Hornus, Julie Soudanne and Alisa Nowak designed the attractive titling didone typeface Zesta.
- Associate Sans (2019, Jérémie Hornus and Alisa Nowak). A sans family with an American gothic look. Matching font families include Associate Slab, Associate Sans Stencil, Associate Slab Stencil, and Associate Sans Mono.
- Diodrum Rounded (2020, by Manushi Parikh, Jérémie Hornus, Clara Jullien and Alisa Nowak). A spurless organic sans family.
- Claire (2020, by Alisa Nowak, Jérémie Hornus, Jean-Baptiste Morizot and Gaetan Baehr). A 12-style bracketed serif newspaper type with small x-height in the mold of late-nineteenth century typefaces along the Century model.
Klingspor link. Old URL. Behance link.
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Klingspor Museum page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
African fonts ⦿
Type design in France ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Astrological fonts ⦿
Signage typefaces ⦿
Tear drop terminals ⦿
Very thin (hairline sans) typefaces ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Fonts for programming ⦿
Bengali fonts ⦿
Comic/cartoon fonts ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿