MyFonts: Top Ten for 2007
MyFonts has posted its top ten fonts of 2007 based on sales data and staff selections from ten categories. Interesting breakdown by country: Canada 4, USA 2, Portugal 1, Japan 1, Germany 1, Sweden 1. Here we go:
- Dino dos Santos: With Leitura, he has created the most successful superfamily of the year. Boasting a Sans and a Serif, special News, Headline and Display versions, as well as a smart set of Symbols, Leitura is a versatile and flexible type system for use in magazines, corporate identities, books and advertising.
- Andreas Seidel: Ornament Accolades A was the most popular ornament font.
- Canada Type has two winners: Jupiter for best inscriptional roman, and Ambassador Script for best formal script. MyFonts writes regarding the latter: Canada Type wins the award for top formal script with its exemplary revival of Aldo Novarese's Juliet. Novarese's tipo inglese, a reworking of an English roundhand, became the point of departure for a remarkable labor of love, on which designers Rebecca Alaccari and Patrick Griffin spent an estimated (and mind-boggling) one thousand hours.
- Jeremy Dooley (Insigne): The top display couple was Aviano and Aviano Sans. Aviano was inspired by the stone-carved capitals of the Roman Empire.
- Ryoichi Tsunekawa (Flat-It): Nothing was 2007's most popular script.
- Subtitude: Subikto Two wins the most popular picture font category.
- Ray Larabie: Stud is Larabie's winner in the grunge category.
- Mark van Bronkhorst: His Sacre Bleu wins the best handwriting font spot.
- Tjörbjörn Olsson: designer of the top display font category with One Night Stand.
Choice of fonts ⦿
Past type competitions ⦿
MyFonts Pages ⦿