Latinotype was founded in 2007 by Felipe Soto and Miguel Hernández, and is based in Concepción, Chile. Catalog of their typefaces. Latinotype now also includes the work of Daniel and Enrique Hernandez, Luciano Vergara and Joaquín Contreras. Their typefaces:
- Stgotic Textura and Pintana (Daniel Hernandez) are pixel font award winners at Tipos Latinos 2008.
- Patagon (2011, Latinotype) is a rounded wood-inspired poster typeface done with Daniel Hernandez and Luciano Vergara.
- Selaive (2011, Paula Nazal) is a geometric monoline sans with an extreme hairline weight, Selaive Light.
- Sanchez (2011) is a large slab serif family. The Regular weight is free at Fontsquirrel.
- In 2011, he cofounded Los Andes Type, and published the fat round typeface Fatta (2011) there.
- Mija (2011). Inspired by vernacular signs.
- The Google Web Font Ceviche One (2011). This is an angular yet curvy extra black expressionist sans serif type.
- Sail (2012). A didone script.
- Sofia (2012). An upright script, free at Fontsquirrel.
- Tikal Sans (2012).
- Lolita (2012, Miguel Hernandez). A playful rounded sans family.
- Chela One (2012). A bold condensed brush script, free at Google Web Fonts.
- Arquitecta (2014, by Daniel Hernandez ad Miguel Hernandez). A 1930s sans with small x-height, great readability and an odd g, promoted as an alternative for Futura, Kabel or Avant Garde. It was followed later in 2014 by Arquitecta Office and Arquitecta Standar.
- Via Sans (2014, Daniel Peralta). A wayfinding typeface family inspired by Steile Futura and DIN 1451.
- In 2014, he co-designed Uomo with Tania Chacana at Latinotype. Uomo is a contemporary typographic system that explores the geometric sans style and Italian art deco in combinations of four widths and three weights.
- In 2014, Daniel and Miguel Hernandez co-designed Texta, a geometric sans for all.
- In 2015, the Latinotype team developed the 60-style semiserif typeface family Corporative [Corporative was developed by Javier Quintana and Cesar Araya, under the supervision of Luciano Vergara, and Daniel Hernandez], the 64-font family Corporative Sans, the 64-style Corporative Soft [Corporative Soft was developed by Javier Quintana, Eli Hernandez and Rodrigo Fuenzalida, under the supervision of Luciano Vergara and Daniel Hernandez], the 32- style Corporative Sans Round Condensed (dated 2016; developed by Elizabeth Hernandez and Rodrigo Fuenzalida, under the supervision of Luciano Vergara and Daniel Hernandez], and the 28-style headline wood-inspired Titular.
- Revista (2015, Paula Nazal Selaive, Marcelo Quiroz and Daniel Hernandez, at Latinotype) is a typographic system that brings together all the features to undertake any fashion magazine-oriented project. It has Revista Script (connected style), Revista Stencil, Revista Dingbats, Revista Inline and the didone Revista all caps set of typefaces. Revista won an award at Tipos Latinos 2016.
- Lota Grotesque (2017).
- Inter Sans (2017). An information design sans. In 2021, they released Inter, which was advertized as a sans Rockwell.
- Letteria Pro (2021). A script/sans/slab font trio by the Latinotype team.
- Rebrand (2021). A 33-style Latin sans in Text and Display versions.
- Osbourne (2021). A 20-font wedge serif that revives Keystone Type Foundry's Salem.
View the Latinotype typeface library. View Miguel Hernandez's typefaces. Fontsquirrel link.
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Creative Market page
The Chilean type scene ⦿
Pixel/bitmap fonts ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Type design in Japan ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Very thin (hairline sans) typefaces ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Garalde or Garamond typefaces ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Fashion mag typefaces ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿