Gene Buban (aka geneus1) is the creative and prolific designer at FontStruct in 2008-2009 of these typefaces:
- Aerologica (2009): 3-d headline face.
- Alphadings: DeTracks.
- Altitudinus (2010).
- Amplifica (+Carved, 2010).
- Arkham Bloodletters (2008).
- Bauhaus style: Slink (2009) is a tribute to Josef Albers---one could also call it a piano key font. Codename Bauhaus (2010).
- Arc Brick 1:1 and 2:2 (2010).
- Bevelicious (2009): 3d shadow face.
- Bezziaiare (2010): an imitation of Futura.
- Brikd is a fantastic headline face.
- Bubble Lab EF (2008) and Bubble Lab Bang (2008): dingbat fonts.
- Calligraphique (2010).
- Candella (2013).
- ChequereBoard (2008): a 3d face.
- Christmas fonts: Kallosia Decorative (2009, blackletter), Snowflakes (2009).
- Clone War (2008).
- Codename Bauhaus (2010).
- Country Fried (Western style)
- Crossfyre (2010).
- Crystles (2014). He writes: In 1983, Atari released the Crystal Castles video game. You play Bentley Bear walking around castles and collecting gems. Trimetric instead of isometric. Interestingly enough, the initials of the highest scorer in the leaderboard is used to build the first castle. This font version is created using the same thin plated tiles that the player traverses through the castles.
- Decorata (stylized art deco)
- Didone fonts: Legality (2009, sharply serifed), Petrissage (2009).
- Digibubble (2014: pixelish face).
- Dingbats: DeTrayne (graffiti-clad trains), Happy Halloween (2009).
- Egalite (2010): a blackletter face.
- Direktype (2014: striped).
- Elektronika (2009) and Circularities (2015). Pixelish.
- ElSeeDee (2008, white on a black grid, inspired by the baggage claim LED scrolling message system at the Oakland Airport)
- Effleurage (2009).
- Eurostijl (2008)
- Exersia, Excursia
- Ferno (hell?)
- Filmstryp (2008)
- Flameon (2008) is a vertically striped athletic lettering font.
- Fluoralei (2008) and Fluoralyte (2008) are all caps floral-themed typefaces.
- Futuro (2008) and Futuro Extra Bold (2008).
- Futurity Watch (2009).
- Fragg (2014: a rounded stencil face).
- Framestore (2008).
- G1 Construx (2012). An arched textured typeface for "under construction" signage.
- G1 Stenzilla (2012). A piano key stencil face. G1 Twyne (2014: Celtic knots), G12 Brayed (2014: Celtic knots), G1 Explo (2014), G1 Fasttrax (2013).
- Gappy and Gappy LC (2010).
- Glossierre (2009).
- Graffikki (2010): graffiti face.
- Hammerslab (2008) is a very thick heavy slab serif face.
- Happy Halloween (2008): Halloween dingbats.
- HellStruct (2008): flamed letters.
- hollo, holloback, holloblack
- HulkSmash has the look of cracked concrete blocks---has to be seen to be believed!
- HyperLynk (2010).
- Indiglo (2010).
- Interblok Cylindrome (2011) and Interblok Stroke (2009): labyrinthine / Celtic knot / texture typefaces.
- IronManic (2008, letters resemble armor steel plates with bolts)
- IsoMatrix 3D (2009, an Escher deception in 3D), Bevelluzian (2010, 3d beveled checkerboard illusion).
- Jaggs (2010): angular.
- Karuso 68 (2009).
- Leefer is a kitchen tile font.
- Legere (2010, a roman face).
- LegoManiax (2008).
- G1 Lovelines (2016). A multiline typeface with embedded hearts that won an award in the 2016 FontStruct competition on the the theme of love.
- Lucid (2009).
- Lush Alienne Caps (2014).
- Microboto (2014).
- Modulus and Modulus Black, ultra fat fonts.
- Motternal (2011), a version of Othmar Motter's Motter Tektura.
- Mucro Bold, a heavy metal band font
- Multiverse Diagonality (2009).
- Nontroppo (2010).
- Outlier (2010).
- Paradoxx (2011). Peignotian.
- Periculum (2010): monoline sans.
- Pixsle (2010).
- Predatoric ad Predatoric2 (2010).
- Prikkle (2010): angular.
- Ray Type Alpha (2014). A game font based on Konami's 1981 game Scramble.
- Renovare S1 (2010) and Renovare S2 (2015). a slab serif.
- Requiemme Decorum (Sept. 14th, 2009): blackletter. He writes: Exactly one year ago two of my cousins, Chris and Cleofe, got into a dealer-loaned Lexus for a trip after their main car was being repaired. Cleofe's husband, a CHP officer, was driving and their teen daughter was along for the ride. While on the freeway, the accelerator became stuck and they lost control of the car. As the runaway vehicle sped up to over 100 mph, all four passengers were killed in a fiery crash in the San Diego River. The loss was unquantifiably devastating. This immensely tragic event led my aunt to testify before congress with damning evidence that would initiate the recall of millions of Toyota vehicles. Requiemme Decorum was created on the way down to southern California for the funeral services. For Chris, Cleofe, Mark, and Mahala, may you all rest in peace and love.
- Renovare (2010, +Renovare S1, S2): a slab serif.
- Roboscript (2008): an upright connected school script.
- Rubrix (2008): a Rubik cube dingbat font.
- Sanserity (2013).
- Scipio (2010).
- Scribble Not (2010) is a texture face.
- Sequencia (2010).
- Seriface and Seriface 2.0 (2010, a roman all-caps set).
- Sharp-serifed almost modern typefaces: Legality, Petrissage, Effleurage, Karuso68.
- Sinaloco (2014: in the style of Sinaloa).
- Sirkles (2015). a dot-matrix typeface.
- Sonorous (2010). Broadway-style art deco typeface.
- Spartan Tech (2010): inspired by the multiplayer game Halo3.
- Stanley Twobrick (pointy minimalist face)
- Startrek typefaces: Transformicon (2009).
- Stencilline (2014).
- Streamlyne (2010, squarish, outlined).
- Structurocca and Structurozza (2009): Horizontally stencilled black typefaces.
- Swizelle (2015). A lava lamp typeface.
- Tangience and Tangience Solid (2008) are fonts in which the glyphs are built up from circles glued together.
- The Pax Man (2009): metallic whatever.
- Trelief and Trelief Rounded (2010): multilined 3d beveled typefaces.
- Tubric (2010): counterless.
- Upriteous and Upriteous Black, condensed protestant fonts.
- Victoriana (Victorian caps)
- Vindicta Dualine (2011: Blackboard bold).
- Wall-F: white squarish letters in black circles
- Waverly, with scary pointed barbs like on German WWI helmets.
- Weaver (Celtic knot-themed letters)
- Xerro (2010): like Helvetica.
- Yeomamuh, a fat look face.
- Wypeout (2010)
- Zorea (2014, inline font).
FontStruct fonts ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Kitchen tile fonts ⦿
Experimental type ⦿
Ornamental caps typefaces ⦿
Horror fonts ⦿
Pixel/bitmap fonts ⦿
Octagonal typefaces ⦿
Western fonts ⦿
Athletic lettering faces ⦿
Celtic/Gaelic fonts ⦿
School fonts ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Graffiti fonts ⦿
3D fonts ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Snowflake fonts ⦿
Christmas / Season's Fonts ⦿
Type design and Escher ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Bauhaus and type design ⦿
Textured typefaces ⦿
Victorian typefaces ⦿
Labyrinthine fonts ⦿
LED / LCD fonts ⦿
Piano key typefaces ⦿
Movie fonts ⦿
Circle-themed typefaces ⦿
Blackboard type ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Valentine's Day Fonts ⦿