[Eduilson Wessler Coán]
Curitiba-based Brazilian digital type foundry, est. in 2008 by the successful and talented type designer Eduilson Wessler Coan (b. 1983, Curutiba). Myfonts link. Coan joined Fabio Haag Type. Their fonts:
- Estado Serif (2006), co-designed with Ericson Straub (Straub Design) and Fabio Augusto for use in the Jornal O Estado do Paraná.
- DooSans (2006): custom design for the magazine abcDesign.
- Ninfa (2006-2008), an organic serif face. He calls it a modern semi-serif. Whatever. Ninfa won an award at Tipos Latinos 2008 in the non-text typeface category. Ninfa Serif followed in 2012. Ninfa Serif won an award in the typeface family category at Tipos Latinos 2012.
- Encorpada Black (2011) is a fat didone display face. It was extended to Encorpada Pro in 2012. Encorpada Classic was published in 2013. Encorpada Classic and Encorpada Pro won awards at Tipos Latinos 2014. In 2014, he published Encorpada Essential. In 2015, Eduilson added Encorpada Classic Compressed and Encorpada Classic Condensed.
- Fluence (2012) is a calligraphic typeface family. Fluence won an award at Tipos Latinos 2012.
- Tres Tres Chic (2012) is a very thin geometric fashion mag headline face.
- Maestra (2012) is a calligraphic copperplate script. Gorgeous, mouthwatering, heavenly, just about the perfect font. Future brides and grooms need look no further than this for wedding invitations.
- Niks Sans (2012).
- dT Delicatta (2012, revised in 2017) is a formal connected calligraphic script face, destined to win many awards.
- Unimed Sans, Unimed Slab and Unime Serif (2013) is a bespoke typeface family done for a Brazilian health insurance company, Unimed.
- Typefaces from 2014: Bommer Slab and Bommer Slab Rounded. Bommer Slab won an award at Tipos Latinos 2014. Accura (2014, a sans typeface created together with Thiago Bellotti).
- In 2015, he designed the techno sans family Sica (+Expanded, +Condensed) with Volnei Antonio Matrté Coan at DooType. Sica won an award at Tipos Latinos 2016.
- Bommer Sans (2016). A Latinized (i.e., curvy) humanist sans.
- dT Jakob (2017). This typeface started out in 2007 as a revival by Gustavo Soares in Paul van der Laan's class at KABK of Jakob Erbar's grotesk from 1927. It was refined and completed in 2017 at dooType with the help of Eduilson Wessler Coan. In 2018, Gustavo Soares and Eduilson Coan developed the variable inline and shadow font dT Jakob Variable Concept.
- dT Ampla (2018). A sans with some warmth.
- Salva (2021, Fabio Haag Type). A versatile workhorse sans family: Eduilson Coan was the lead designer. He was assisted by the Fabio Haag Type team of Henrique Beier, Ana Laydner and Fabio Haag himself.
- Seiva (2021, by Henrique Beier, Eduilson Coan and Fabio Haag). A distant relative of Didot, this exotic sans family is partitioned into Text, Display and Poster subfamilies, and welcomes variable font technology.
Klingspor link. Creative Market link. Behance link. MyFonts interview.
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Creative Market page
Klingspor Museum page
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
The Brazilian type scene ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Fashion mag typefaces ⦿
Corporate typefaces ⦿
Variable fonts ⦿