The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Armenia sponsored a competition for type design: Granshan 2008 (Granshan means character in Armenian). The competition judging took place in Yerevan, 21-28 June 2008. Categories:
The competition was open to type designers/producers internationally. Chairman of the organizing committee was Edik Ghabuzyan. The winners:
- Armenian text type serif
- Armenian text type sans serif
- Armenian traditional text type
- Latin text type
- Cyrillic text type
- Display type
- Edik Ghabuzyan (Armenia, two grand prizes, two first prizes, two second prizes).
- Manvel Shmavonyan (Armenia, one grand prize and one second prize).
- Sybille Hagmann (USA, one grand prize).
- Hrant Papazyan (USA, one grand prize).
- Veronika Burian (UK, four first prizes).
- Carolyn Puzzovio (UK, first prize).
Armenian fonts ⦿
Past type competitions ⦿