Fontfabric is the foundry of Svetoslav Simov, a visual designer who is located in Sofia, Bulgaria, b. 1984. Highly innovative designer whose creations have lots of style and flair. Many fonts are for both Latin and Cyrillic. Picture. Typegoodness link. YWFT link.
- Typefaces from 2008: Cubic (3d face), Clou (cloud-like letters), Colo (double-lined and geometric), Snail, Blou (very thick and counterless letters).
- Typefaces from 2009: Uni Sans (first called United Sans), Kare (psychedelic), File (fat face), Zag (7-style monoline sans with tear drop terminals; it include Zag Drps and Zag Deco), Clou (cloudy letters), Facet (Black and Ultra: paper fold typefaces), Noveu (psychedelic, art nouveau), Pastel (brush face), Rolka (round ultra-fat and curly lettering), Val (rounded fat), Kvant (severe and octagonal), Duplex (fat techno), Avatar (ultra fat black), Dovde (bubbly, co-designed by Maria Karkova), LOT (fat art deco), MOD (ultra-fat), Oval (rounded sans), Quad (octagonal outline), Portal Strips and Portal Black (hyper-experimental geometric typefaces), Prisma (more ultra-fat experimentation) and Wigan (Wigan Thin and Bold of this paperclip typeface appeared in 2014).
- Creations in 2010: Hero (free sans family), Null (ultra fat, free), Aston (a modern high-contrast rounded display face), DAN (free piano key font; Dan Pro is not free though), Solomon (headline sans family) [Images of Solomon: i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi, vii, viii], Dox (ultra fat geometric poster face), Sudoku (a geometric display family with several biline and triline styles, done with Fontan2), VAL Stencil (a stencil in which repeating letters makes them tilt the other way; free), Code (2010, a fantastic monoline sans family; images: i, ii, iii, iv, v), Dekar (techno), Clipdings Web, Clipdings Travel, Clipdings Graphic Arts, Babydings, Artdings, Reader (Light, Bold: avant garde sans), SAF2010 (comic book/signage: well, Jan Erasms, the designer in 2006 of Menyaka for FIFA WC 2010 is not happy, calling SAF a blatant imitation), Age Free (free fat organic face), GOTA (a free fat finger sans face).
- Typefaces from 2011: Gabriel Sans (grotesk family), La Boheme (signage face), Qero Mite (an organic monoline sans), Code Pro (caps only clean sans headline family), Solomon Sans (a headline monoline sans family).
- Typefaces made in 2012: Nexa (a geometric sans in 16 styles), Nexa, Rex (free octagonal family for Latin and Cyrillic), Hagin (free), Intro (26-style superfamily in the Futura style) and Intro Inline (free Futura-style family for Latin and Cyrillic). Intro Condensed was created in 2014.
- Typefaces from 2013: Nexa Slab, Nexa Slab XBold, Nexa Slab Bold, Nexa Slab Book, Nexa Slab Light. [Recognize the typeface by the a and the g (an 8 with a small piece missing).
- Typefaces from 2014: Nexa Rust (a weathered letterpress emulation family of 83 typefaces by Radomir Tinkov, Ani Petrova, Svetoslav Simov and Vasil Stanev).
- Typefaces from 2015: Bronn Rust, Bronn Script and Bronn Rust Extras is a handcrafted collection of 22 typefaces created on the coat tails of the hugely popular Nexa Rust and other typefaces in the grungy worn letterpress and layering vogue. The roundish tightly set broad-ranged sans typeface family Panton is sure to make waves for years to come---it is the typeface for mobile devices. Sensa (2015, Radomir Tinkov and Svetoslav Simov) is a handcrafted 21-style family divided into the subfamilies Sensa Brush, Sensa Pen, Sensa Wild, Sensa Sans, Sensa Serif and Sensa Goodies.
View Fontfabric's typefaces. In 2015, Ani Petrova, Svetoslav Simov and Radomir Tinkov co-designed the 214-style mammoth font system Intro Rust, a rough version of Fontfabric's Intro. The fonts are partitioned over Intro Rust, Intro Script, Intro Head and Intro Goodies. Still in 2015, we find Nexa Script.
In 2017, Plamen Motev and Svetoslav Simov co-designed Uni Neue, a total remake of Fontfabric's earler typeface Uni Sans (2009). Svetoslav Simov, Plamen Motev and the Fontfabric team (Vladislav Jordanov, Stan Partalev, Mirela Belova, Jacklina Jekova, Nikolay Petroussenko) produced Zing Rust, Zing Sans Rust and Zing Script Rust in the same year: it consists of 521 handmade typefaces.
In 2018, Mirela Belova and Svetoslav Simov co-designed the 20-style geometric sans typeface family Mont. Svet Simov and Svetlin Balezdrov co-designed the humanist sans family Squad, and Simov published the free all caps flared terminal font Colus in 2018. Gilam was designed in 2018 by Ivan Petrov, Plamen Motev and Svetoslav Simov---it is based on DIN, but is more geometric and has obliquely cut terminals.
In 2019, Svet Simov, Radomir Tinkov and Stan Partalev designed the 72-strong Noah family of geometric sans typefaces, which is partitioned into four groups by x-height from small (Noah Grotesque) to medium (Noah and Noah Text) to large (Noah Head). Codesigner of Mozer (2019, by Svetoslav Simov, Ani Petrova, Mirela Belova and Nikolay Petrousenko: a condensed headline sans family that covers Latin, Greek and Cyrillic; Mozer SemiBold is free).
In 2021, Svetoslav Simov and Vika Usmanova dusted off the 18-style update of Mont called Mont Blanc. It has very short descenders and medium-sized ascenders, two variable styles, and some redesigned glyphs. Its biggest problem will be the name---surely, the famous Swiss pen maker Mont Blanc will complain sooner or later about its trademark. I am puzzled about MyFonts, which did not catch this problem when they announced the typeface. In 2021, Simov also co-designed Code Next (a 20-style geometric sans by Svetoslav Simov, Mirela Belova and Stan Partalev; it includes two variable fonts).
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Monotype foundry link
Creative Market page
Klingspor Museum page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Ornamental caps typefaces ⦿
Type design in Bulgaria ⦿
Experimental type ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Octagonal typefaces ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
Psychedelic types ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
3D fonts ⦿
Art Nouveau typefaces ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Avant Garde typefaces ⦿
Signage typefaces ⦿
Piano key typefaces ⦿
Prismatic typefaces ⦿
Tear drop terminals ⦿
Cyrillic type design ⦿
Paperclip faces ⦿
Icon fonts ⦿
Curly typefaces ⦿
Variable fonts ⦿