Stereotypes is Sascha Timplan, a German type and graphic designer from Trier, b. 1979, who studied Communication Design at FH Trier.
He created these typefaces:
- 2009: St Substance, St Booka Shade (purely geometric), ST Moviehead, an ultra-condensed family (Dafont), St. Atmosphere (fat, rounded), St Transmission (free), St Shadowplay, St-Lorie (connected upright script), St Notorious (after the titling font in Hitchcock's Notorious---a beautiful high-legged serif face), St Technique, St Atmos (a commercial ink trap plaything), St Mika, Apfelstücke (a hookish face).
- 2010: St Marie (a nice free typewriter typeface), St Ryde, Fridge (casual sans family), St Frika, Friska.
- 2011: Elsa (sans), Villa Didot (this layered font family was created for the posters of the club VillaWuller).
- 2012: Florence (a swashy poster typeface that was also influenced by VillaWuller), St Transmission (industrial sans), Flenja (a narrow retro didone family), Christmas Numerals.
- 2013: Sarre (sans), Prism (prismatic, multiline typeface, influenced by Rudolf Koch's Prisma and Herb Lubalin's Avant garde).
- 2014: Timplan published a large antiqua family with wedge serifs in the heavier weights, Christel Text excepted, partitioned into three subfamilies, Christel Text, Christel Display, and Christel Poster. His main contribution in 2014 is the great Stereotesque (a grotesque family). Together with Lukas Bischoff, he created the athletic lettering typeface family Atletico.
- In 2016, Sascha Timplan and Lukas Bischoff published the handsome sans typeface family Golden Sans [no relationship with Tarin Yuangtrakul's Golden Sans from 2010 or Heitor Latosinski's Golden Sans from 2013]. Free Golden Sans Light demo.
Behance link. Blog. Klingspor link. Dafont link. Abstract Fonts link. Interview by MyFonts in 2014.
Showcase of Sascha Timplan's fonts.
Klingspor Museum page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
German type scene ⦿
Movie fonts ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Typewriter fonts ⦿
Type blogs ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Prismatic typefaces ⦿
Athletic lettering faces ⦿
Soccer typefaces ⦿