Insigne Type Design Studio (was: Dooley Type)
Insigne Type Design Studio (est. 2006) is run by Jeremy Dooley, b. Columbia, SC, 1981, who received a masters in graphic design at Savannah College of Art and Design in 2005. He lived in Atlanta, GA, and is now in Knoxville, TN. From 2004 until 2006, he ran Dooley Type in Greenville, SC. Behance link. Klingspor link. Font squirrel link. Creative Market link. MyFonts interview. His fonts:
- 44th President (2009, based on Obama's handwriting).
- Aberlyth (2006). An informal script face.
- Ainslie (2014), Ainslie Slab (2014), and Ainslie Sans (2014).
- Antigen (2007) is futuristic.
- Arendahl (2007) is a connected but irregular handwriting font.
- Ashemore (2012). Production assistance for Ashemore was provided by Lucas Azevedo and Marcelo Magalhaes. Followed by Ashemore Softened (2012).
- Avaloc (2006) is an expanded sans.
- The Aviano superfamily. Aviano Wedge (2012), Aviano Slab (2007), Aviano Serif (2008), 2009 Aviano Didone (2009), Aviano Flare (2010), Aviano Sans (2010), Aviano Future (2011), Aviano Contrast (2012), Aviano Gothic (2013), Aviano Sans Layers (2013). Aviano Titling (2007) is inspired by Trajan. Aviano Silk (2015) is a bilined decorative titling typeface.
- Barcis (2013). An organic sans family.
- Beastias (2006). An informal script face.
- Biortec (2004).
- Biscuit Boodle (2008) is a fun and crazy script from Portland Studios illustrator Justin Gerard. Biscuit Boodle Ornaments (2009, dingbats).
- Blue Goblet (2005) is a Treefrog-style script developed for the pending illustrated childrens book from Portland Studios, The Blue Goblet. It was codesigned by Cory Godbey of Portland Studios and Jeremy Dooley. In 2011, Cory Godbey added Blue Goblet Christmas Ornaments.
- Boncaire Titling (2012) was iInspired by the type elements of 17th century map of Curacao made by Dutch cartographer Gerard Van Keulen.
- Brigette (2007) is an ink-splattered calligraphic script.
- Cabrito (2013). A typeface for children's books. Followed by Cabrito Inverto (2014) for reversed stroke stress---some of its heavier styles have a Western appearance. In 2014, Cabrito Sans was added to the set. Cabrito Semi followed in 2015.
- Carta Marina is a family of medieval map text faces and dingbats (2007).
- Cavole Slab (2011).
- Celari Titling (2014).
- Chatype is a geometric slab serif typeface family designed in 2012 for the city of Chattanooga, TN, by Robbie de Villiers and Jeremy Dooley.
- Chennai and Chennai Rounded (2007) are playful display sans faces. Chennai Slab (2009).
- Coegit (2012). A sans family that offers Compressed, Compact and Condensed subsets.
- Cohort (2010, elliptical sans).
- Coupe (2003).
- Dienstag (2008, 8 styles).
- Donnerstag (2010, extended slab serif).
- Eigerdals (2010, rounded sans family).
- Enocenta (2013). A penmanship typeface family done with Cecilia Marina Pezoa.
- Enzia (2009, an elegant sans family).
- Fizgiger (2006). An informal script face.
- Florencia (2007) is a vintage script.
- Foverdis (2010, a calligraphic family that includes a hairline).
- Grenale (2013). A flashy in-your-face didone family from Thin to Heavy. Grenale #2 (2013) is a curvy sans that is alomst a monoline.
- Insigne Abstractions (2007) and Insigne Fleurons (2008) are dingbats.
- Jon Cary (2004, the handwriting of John Kerry).
- Kairengu (2007) is a comic book family.
- Kasuga (2008) and Kasuga Brush (2009) are fresh new scripts with oriental undertones.
- Kidela (2007) is a sassy scrapbook family. Kidela Sketch (2009).
- Le Havre (2008) is a gorgeous 8-style geometric art deco sans with tall ascenders. In 2010, the Le Havre Sketch family was added. We also have Le Havre Rough (2014, a bit of letterpress feel thrown in), Le Havre Rounded (2009), Le Havre Titling (2012), Le Havre Layers, and Le Havre Hand (2015).
- Look (2015). In Sans, Script, and Serif subfamilies, this super-collection blends a bit of vernacular signage with weathered letterpress.
- Lorelei (2007, Insigne) is a bouncy script family.
- Lourdes (2007) is an informal script.
- Madeleine (2007) is a basic handwriting face.
- Madurai (2012). A simple monoline sans superfamily. Madurai Slab (2013) has 54 styles.
- Mahalia (2008) is a retro script.
- Majidah and Majidah Potens (2006) are medieval scripts.
- Marintas (2012).
- Maris (2015). A curly script.
- Massif (2008) is an aggressive sans family.
- Mittwoch (2009, organic serif).
- Montag (2007) is a casual rounded sans family in six styles.
- Mr Darcy (2015). A Tuscan all-caps typeface.
- Mynaruse (2010; +Titling, +Royale) is another roman inscriptional titling family---it is characterized by skinny flared serifs.
- Nanumunga (2007) is a comic book style face.
- Natalya (2007) is a connected calligraphic script. Natalya Monoline (2007). Natalya Swashes (2009, calligraphic).
- Newcomen (2008) is a 4-style roman titling face.
- Obline (2004, sans).
- Oita (2014). An octagonal typeface family.
- Olidia (2008) is calligraphic.
- Orewelia (2004, grunge face).
- Pauline Didone (2011, a curly didone family). Pauline (2008) is a monolinear retro script.
- Plathorn (2014). Inspired by the Wild West, this generous typeface family uses flaring in a thousand ways to recreate the feel of that era.
- Promethian (2005, futuristic).
- Quarca (2013). A 36-font sans family with a sturdy rounded square look.
- Quatie (2013). A curvaceous family: Quatie draws much of its inspiration from the industrial brawn of the railroad and the unique characteristics of Cherokee letterforms, giving it an atypical form not usually found in an industrial slab (accring to Dooley).
- Questal (2007) is a unicase serif face.
- Qurillian (2006, legible sans).
- RendtPhysic (2006).
- Ript Cure (2005).
- Sancoale (2011, an organic sans family, from Thin to Black). Sancoale Narrow (2011). Sancoale Softened (2012). Sancoale Slab (2012). Sancoale Slab Soft (2013).
- Savigny (2011). Images: Savigny Black Extened, Savigny Regular Condensed.
- Serofina (2010, a calligraphic face).
- Savory Paste (2007). Grunge.
- Shrike2003 (2003).
- Sildetas (2010, a high-contrast script typeface with tear drop terminals).
- Solitas (2015). A rounded 42-style geometric sans family.
- The sans family Sommet (2008; see also Sommet Rounded (2008), Sommet Slab, 2010, and Sommet Serif (2011, a wedge serif family)) is futuristic. Sommet Slab Rounded (2011).
- Sovba (2009, upright italic).
- Steagal (2013). A geometric sans with a 1930s American feel.
- Steam Court (2015). A combination of steam punk and blackletter.
- Stefania (2007) has two calligraphic/chancery styles. Its aged version is called Stefania Antique (2008).
- Stratham (2007) is a medium to black family of legible sans faces.
- Terfens (2007) is an informal and quite rounded sans serif with inspiration from chancery scripts like Stefania.
- Torcao (2013). An elliptical anthroposophic typeface family.
- Valfieris (2006). Valfieris Aged (2007) imitates medieval printing.
- Xalapa (2008) is a grunge family.
- Yevida and Yevida Potens (2006, scripts).
- Youngblood (2008, +Youngblood Antique, 2010) is non-connected.
Catalog of their typefaces. View Jeremy Dooley's font library. View Jeremy Dooley's typefaces.
Insigne Type Design Studio (was: Dooley Type)
Creative Market page
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Comic/cartoon fonts ⦿
Unicase type design ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Oriental simulation fonts ⦿
Type scene in Georgia (the state, not the country) ⦿
Type scene in South Carolina ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Type scene in Tennessee ⦿
Treefrog typefaces ⦿
Sketched typefaces ⦿
Very thin (hairline sans) typefaces ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Chancery hand, cancellaresca ⦿
Typefaces inspired by the Trajan column in Rome ⦿
Tear drop terminals ⦿
Lapidary typefaces ⦿
Anthroposophy and type design ⦿
Western fonts ⦿
Octagonal typefaces ⦿
Steampunk typefaces ⦿