Eduardo Omar Rodríguez Tunni
Buenos Aires-based graphic designer and prolific type designer who runs Graphic Design Firm. Since 2005, he has been teaching typography together with Marcela Romero and Pablo Cosgaya at the Centro Cultural Ricardo Rojas. Behance link. Klingspor link. Fontspace link. Google Plus link. Interview by MyFonts. His typefaces, haphazardly organized:
- Average (2005, Google Web Fonts). A text face. The sister family is Average Sans (2012, Google Web Fonts). Average won an award at Tipos Latinos 2008 in the extensive family category.
- Linear Book Serif (2003). A humanist font.
- Colona (2004). A serif family.
- Lineare. A six weight sans family. See also LineareA3Versalita (2004). Lineare Serif (Tipo) is characterized by heavy serifs.
- The roundish titling face Titulata (Tipo). See also here. Accompanied by Titulata Italic (2007).
- The classic text family Gilda Roman.
- Alexa. A sans family.
- With Pablo Cosgaya, he designed Loreto (2004). This family was inspired by the types printed in the Manuale ad Usum (1721). The family appeared in 2009 at Tipo.
- He is (was?) working on Average Italic (2006, serif), Astor (2007, sans) and Yeca Serif (2006).
- Think (Tipo). This typeface won an award at Tipos Latinos 2008 in the non-text category.
- Club Universo (2008, with Mariana Pariani). This typeface won an award at Tipos Latinos 2010.
- Changa (2009). This rounded black poster typeface won an award at Tipos Latinos 2010. See also Changa Italic. Google Font Directory link. The Arabic was also drawn by Eduardo Tunni, in Buenos Aires, in collaboration with M. Gaber in Cairo.
- Lassi Display (2009, with Dario Muhafara). This typeface won an award at Tipos Latinos 2010.
- Merienda One (2011, a brush script). Free at Google Web Fonts.
- This experimental face (2004).
- Mate (2011). A free readable text typeface at Google Font Directory.
- Arapey (2011, Google Font Directory) is a didone family named after a Uruguayan town.
- Lemon (2011). A free signage typeface at Google Web Fonts.
- Unlock (2011). A free quadraplegic typeface at Google Web Fonts.
- Diplomata (2012, +SC) is a free openface typeface publihed at Google Web Fonts).
- Glegoo (2012, Google Web Fonts) is a modern slab serif.
- Imprima (2012, Google Web Fonts) is a very readable humanist sans with large counters and a large x-height.
- Graduate (2012, Google Web Fonts) is an athletic lettering font. The 12-axis variable version followed in 2019. Github link.
- Belleza (2012, Google Web Fonts) is a humanist sans typeface with moderate to high stroke contrast.
- Orienta (2012) is a free sans typeface at Google Web Fonts.
- Warnes (2012). A fifties diner connected script that is free at Google Web Fonts.
- Orienta (2012, Google Web Fonts) is a large x-height wide-eyed sans.
- Combo (2012, Google Web Fonts) is an eggheaded headline face.
- Paprika (2012) is an expressive informal typeface. Free at Google Web Fonts.
- Unica (2012) is a unicase sans, also at Google Web Fonts.
- Strait (2012) is a cold sans. Google Web Fonts link.
- Faster (2012, Google Web Fonts) is a retro typeface that gives the illusion of speed.
- Kite One (2012, Google Web Fonts) is a rounded monoline humanist sans.
- Offside (2012, Google Web Fonts) is a monoline stroke font.
- Joti One (2012, Google Web Fonts. A retro futuristic typeface.
- Croissant (2012, Google Web Font). A non-connected formal upright script.
- Gilda Display (2012, Google Web Fonts) is a serifed typeface with high stroke contrast.
- Sintony (2013, Google Web Fonts).
- Gabriela (2013, Google Web Fonts). From Gabriela, he derived the Latin / Cyrillic / Devanagari typeface Kurale in 2015. It too is free at Google Web Fonts.
- Pathway Gothic One (2013). See also Pathway Extreme (2019), and its fork, Kamillo Grotesk (2019).
- Fauna One (2013).
- Amita (2015, Google Web Fonts) is a Latin and Devanagari typeface derived from Redressed and Modular Infotech Devanagari 2310 and 1228. The Latin is a script type designed by Brian Bonislawsky which blends script and italic letterforms together in an upright non-connecting style. Github link.
- Arya (2015) is a Devanagari and Latin sans typeface that is based on Modular InfoTech's 1201. Github link. Google Web Fonts link.
- In 2015, Pablo Cosgaya, Eduardo Tunni and the crew of Omnibus Type published the text typeface Manuale. Google Fonts link.
- Changa (2018, Tipo). A layerable typeface family.
Eduardo Omar Rodríguez Tunni
Klingspor Museum page
Type design in Argentina ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Experimental type ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Signage typefaces ⦿
Athletic lettering faces ⦿
Indic language fonts ⦿
Cyrillic type design ⦿
Variable fonts ⦿