Misprinted Type offers free and commercial old typewriter and grunge fonts designed by Eduardo Recife, anillustrator and graphic designer from Belo Horizonte, Brazil, b. 1980. Although his main work is in illustration, he became well-known in the early 2000's for his original grunge type designs. Typefaces:
Earlier versions of this site can be found at TypOasis and Dafont. Many of his fonts are also here and here. Klingspor link. Fontspace link. Dafont link.
- Max Rhodes (based on the handwriting of Max Rhodes), Nasty, Shortcut, Carimbo (2003), Nars, Mosh (2004), Trashold (2004), Great Circus (2004, a five-weight calligraphic decorative family), Pastelaria, Downcome (2002), DIESEL, DirtyEgo (2001), Mialgia, OverBored, PrintError, RecifeDings, ThirdWorldBuzz, Besign, HorsePuke, Lhabia, MemoryLapses, misprintedtype, NoMoreTypewriters, PrintFuck151, Selfish (2001), Misproject, Porcelain, Rochester (old typewriter), NailScratch, Astonished, Broken15, DisgustingBehavior, Guilty (2011, grunge).
- NeasdenPIP was designed with Steve Smith (2001).
- At Visuelle Orgasmus, we find Superphunky, Superload and Superaircraft, all made in 2001.
- Here, we find DirtyEgo, Downcome, Porcelain, Selfish, Shortcut.
- Myfonts sells Monster Days (2007, grunge calligraphy), Kyoto (grunge), AntiRomantic (2006), Toscography (2007, slightly Kafkaesque), LeKing (2007), HandMade (2007, grunge all caps), Nars, Mosh (2004), Carimbo, Great Circus, Trashold.
Google search page
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Typewriter fonts ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
The Brazilian type scene ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Ornamental caps typefaces ⦿
Kafkaesque typefaces ⦿