Freelance designer from Slovakia, b. 1981, Zilina. He set up shop at MyFonts in 2009. His typefaces:
- 2009: Stanislawski (display sans), Bonatti (simplified sans), Motyka (an octagonal family).
- 2010: Cassin (dingbats), Birkenmajer (blackletter and curly), Ruman (a piano key font not unlike many of the modular fonts made over at FontStruct), Komarnicki (geometric---it is largely based on arcs of a circle), Batura (ornaments), Flexi Social Icons (a set of 64 social network and media buttons), Messner (a hairline sans), Kammerlander (a high-contrast all caps Peignotian face that Juraj claims is well suited for fashion mags), Runout (a black marker face), Walker (a floral dingbat face), Trango (an unevenly spaced fun childish hand-printed face), Chogolisa (an elliptical sans family).
- 2011: Primitive Icons (dingbats), Manaslu (his first cartoon font), Baltoro Sans (humanist sans), Masherbrum Slab Thin (hairline slab for fashion mags), Latok (a fat keyhole-themed art deco display face), Makalu (a flower dingbat typeface inspired by the lovely drawings of the famous illustrator Zdenìk Miler), Besley Hand (hand-printed didone), Ambassador (a hairline roman capitals face, ideal for glossy fashion mags. Its high-contrast Peignotian companion is Snob), Greenhorn (a comic book face), Gamba (an elliptical typeface), Valibuk (a strong black sans headline face), Lomidrevo (a grunge stencil derived from Valibuk), Baronessa (hand-printed poster face), Baron (hand-printed poster face).
- 2012: Rumbarak (inspired by the titles of a few old Czech movies for children), Boudoir (a hand-printed poster face), Fimfarum (a wonderful set of hand-printed poster typefaces that can be mixed and matched for certain effects).
- 2013: Gentleman (a sans family from hairline to black), Amundsen (an all-caps stencil typeface), Smart Labels (badges), Lustig (an interlocking poster font), Hilton Sans and Hilton Serif (fashion mag headline typefaces kerned and spaced by Igino Marini), Handy Labels, Loco (a counterless geometric art deco face), Charmante (hand-drawn poster typeface).
- 2014: Fram (an uppercase stencil typeface for Latin and Cyrillic), General (neutral sans family with a very thin hairline weight).
- Fonts from 2015: Vagabundo (hand-brushed), Britva (a glaz krak typeface derived from Valibuk).
- Typefaces from 2016: Gerlach Sans, Gibon (a cartoon font).
- Typefaces from 2017: Mysteria (hipster sans).
- Typefaces from 2019: Freud (a 9-style sans).
Pic. Myfonts link. Creative Market link. Klingspor link. Fontspring link. Behance link.
Showcase of Juraj Chrastina's typefaces at MyFonts. Behance link.
View Juraj Chrastina's typefaces. Showcase of Juraj Chrastina's typefaces at MyFonts.
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Creative Market page
Klingspor Museum page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type design in Slovakia ⦿
Octagonal typefaces ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Very thin (hairline sans) typefaces ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Comic/cartoon fonts ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Fashion mag typefaces ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Icon fonts ⦿
Circle-themed typefaces ⦿
Cyrillic type design ⦿
Curly typefaces ⦿
Hipster fonts ⦿