Laura Worthington of Bonney Lakes, WA, is a letterer, illustrator and graphic designer. Her script typefaces became quite popular in recent years. In 2010, she set up shop at MyFonts. Catalog. Her typefaces:
- Adorn (2014), Adorn Smooth (2015), Adorn Garland Smooth (2016, with Dai Foldes). Adorn is a hand-drawn poster font family larger than Charcuterie. It contains subfonts called Pomander, Coronet, Garland, Bouquet, Solo (monograms), Duo (monograms), Catchwords, Banners, Frames, Ornaments, Roman, Condensed Sans, Expanded Sans, Slab Serif, Serif, Copperplate, Engraved.
- Al Fresco (2013). A breezy exuberant script loaded with opentype features.
- Alana (2011, +Ornaments). A connected script.See also Alana Smooth (2017).
- Alisha (2017).
- Azalea Rough, Azalea Smooth
- Beloved (2015)
- Bianca (2010). A flowing calligraphic typeface.
- Blithe (2017).
- Boucherie (2014). In the "collection of vintage fonts" mould of Charcuterie, Boucherie captures the lively essence of 19th-century French advertising typography with a collection of original designs, rather than strict historical revivals.
- Buckley (2012).
- Caprizant (2016).
- Charcuterie (2013). A large set of hand-drawn typefaces for vintage signage.
- Congenial (2015). A legible soft unpretentious sans family originally designed for her own web site.
- Ed's Market (2015). A grocery store and sign painting font family.
- Elaina (2018). Script and Semi-Serif. Laura claims that Elaina Script is closest to her own handwriting.
- Elicit Script (2018, by Laura Worthington and Jim Wasco). A hybrid (casual and formal) scrpt typeface based on pointed pen Spencerian Script handwriting.
- Fairwater (2016). Designed together with Dai Foldes, this typeface family has Script, Sans, and Serif subfamilies, as well as several sets of ornaments. The Serif subfamily conjures up tattoo lettering, but also mathematical blackboard bold style and art deco.
- Funkydori (2012). A fat retro signage script.
- Ganache (2014). A packaging and logo script.
- Gioviale (2012). A calligraphic script.
- Greeting Cards (2010).
- GrindelGrove (2009). A vampire font.
- Harlean (2013). A rough-edged, powerful, and slightly sinful script face---originally named Harlowe.
- HoneyBee (2012). An all caps pirate ship font.
- Hummingbird (2012). A penmanship font.
- Juicy (2015). A plump and yummy candy store font.
- Ladybird (2010). A curly script.
- Liam (2011). Bouncy and curly script.
- Mandevilla (2013). Pure Americana, useful for signage.
- Milkshake (a creamy retro script).
- Modish (2016). A smooth brush script font.
- Nelson (2011). A notched eroded family, almost for Mexican simulation.
- Number Five.
- Origins (2010). An antiqued typeface hand-lettered with a crow quill pen. Followed by Origins Smooth (2016).
- Recherché (2010). A delicate script typeface.
- Regina (2010). A delicate script typeface.
- Renata (2016). A connected calligraphic script co-designed with Dai Foldes.
- Rosarian (2011). A pointed brush connected script typeface.
- Samantha (2011): 2700 flourished glyphs in the classical ronde upright script style and in an italic style; +Swash.
- Sepian (2010). A pointy Textura font.
- Sheila (2010). A connected calligraphic script.
- Shelby (2011). A monoline, semi-connected script typeface based on hand lettering created with a Speedball B metal nib.
- Spumante (2015).
- Tangelo (2017).
- Tiva (2010). A hand-crafted and almost connected script.
- Voltage (2014). A retro fat signage script.
- Wallflowers (2011), Wallflowers II, Wallflowers III, Winter Wallflowers (2012).
- Winsome (2016). A casual script.
- Yana (2010). A spurred serif typeface.
Interview by MyFonts in 2010. FontBros link. Creative Market link. Klingspor link. Behance link. Fontspring link. Picture.
View Laura Worthington's typefaces. Images of her typefaces.
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Fontbundles link [Buy fonts]
Monotype foundry link
Creative Market page
Klingspor Museum page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Horror fonts ⦿
Type scene in Washington ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Mexican simulation typefaces ⦿
Signage typefaces ⦿
Ronde (Rondo, Rundschrift): Upright scripts ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Tattoo fonts ⦿
Blackboard type ⦿
Curly typefaces ⦿