Hanoded is the foundry (est. 2010) of Dutch designer and photographer David Kerkhoff, b. Epe, 1969. In its first year, Hanoded was a free font outfit specializing in handwriting and handprinted faces. Its creations could be seen at Dafont, Abstract Fonts and Fontspace. Klingspor link.
In 2011, he went partially commercial via MyFonts. His typefaces became more diversified and are quite stunning at times:
- A: Abysmal Gaze (2011. scratchy face), Aderyn (2012: a poster family), Aint Nothing Fancy (2010). All Over Again (2010), All Over Again All Caps (2010), Allez Hop (2011), Americain (2012, constructivist), Antisocial Behavior (2010), Artful Dodger (2012, a grungy Clarendon), AshesToAshes (2010), Ashtanga (2013, curly caps), Au Revoir (2012).
- B: BadPaintjob (2010), Balagan (2010), Baznat (2010), BehindDirtyBlinds (2010), Black Mark (2012, a heavy brush face), Bottle Shop Faded (2010), Brooklyner (2013: an art deco caps face based on the typeface used for The Brooklynite, a magazine from the 1920's), Bullet in your Head (2010). Business As Usual (2011, scratchy).
- C: Canned Whale (2012, outlined and hand-printed), Carbonara (2011, grungy typewriter), Carte Blanche (2012, a gorgeous arched / sketched caps face), Castanea (2012, a painter's font), Celluloid Bliss (2010), Charons Obol (2011, scary brush face), Cheat Sheet (2013, handwritten), Chunky Chicken (2013), DK Clair de Lune (2012, an exquisite curly poster font), Codswallop (2011, fat handprinted), Corner Shop Chique (2010), Couldnt be bothered (2010), Courant (2011, grungy blackletter), Crayon Crumble (2011, chalk face), DK Crayonista (2012), Criss Cross (2011), Cubissimo (2013, a cubist geometric font inspired by a 1929 poster advertising a museum exhibition), Cul de Sac (2010, 3d outline face, handprinted and sketched).
- D: Deco Pimp (2011), DK Allez Hop (2011). Don Quixote (2011. nice grunge calligraphic hand), Drawing Blood (2010).
- E: Early Morning Coffee (2012), Ersatz Quality (2010).
- F: Face Your Fears (2011), FairNSquare (2010), Fallout Font (2010), Fantastique (2012, a 3d hnad-printed caps face), Fat Little Piggy (2010), Father Frost (2012), Fledermaus (2012: Fledermaus ("bat") was a cabaret theater from Vienna. The original Jugendstil decor was designed by Josef Hoffman and several posters, advertising performances, were designed by other members of the Vienna Workshop. The Fledermaus font was based on a 1907 poster by Bertold Löffler.; the missing glyphs were created by Kerkhoff), DK Formosa (2012).
- G: Galangal (a phenomenal poster face that plays on thick and thin, in the style of Horst Caps), Gerards Gold (2010, script face), GerardsGold (2010). Ghost Reverie (2010, a scratchy family), Grafiker (2013, a brush face loosely based on the work of designers Oskar Kokoschka (1886-1980) and Jean Carlu (1900-1997)), Gulag Decay (2010).
- H: Hanoded Hand (2010), Hanoded-Heavy (2010), Harimau (2012, a rounded children's book font), Harrumph (2011, a fat poster lettering family), Hasty Tasty (2011), HaraldRunicDEMO (2010), Hedgehog Hans (2012, comic book typeface), Hex (2012), Hieratic Numerals (2010), High Tea (2012), DK Himmelblau (2012, art nouveau font based on a poster from 1902 made by the Künstlerbund Hagen), Huggin and Muninn (2012, script face), Hummus Chips Salat (2010).
- I: Inky Fingers (2013, a fat finger font), Interstellar Erosion (2010), Ishtar (2012: spooky brush font).
- J: Joe Schmoe (2011, handprinted), Just Before Liposuction (2010).
- K: Kerberos Fang (2011), Fat Kitty Kat (2013), Kokomo (2012, 3d and outlined), Kolkata Hotelroom (2010), Koshatnik (2011, all caps brush face), Kubikajiri (2011, an India ink brush face), DK Kundalini (2013, curly), Kunstschau (2012: a beautiful poster font that was modeled on a stamp, designed by Austrian artist Bertold Löffler, for the Kunstschau 1908 exhibition in Vienna), Kurkuma (2013, a wonderful poster caps face), Kusukusu (2011, handprinted).
- L: Lampion (2012, a condensed unicase hand-drawn face), Leakage (2010, ink splash face), DK Limoen (2012, shadow outline face), Lokomotiv (2012, an art deco caps face based on poster for the 1930 Geneva Motor Show), DK Louise (2012, art deco, cubist: based on the art of Louise Marie (lou) Loeber, a Dutch painter).
- M: DK Mama Bear (2012), Mary Ate a Little Lamb (2010), Mayonaise (2011), Meshuggeneh (2013---crazy fool on Yiddish; a twisted 3d typeface), Midnight Hour (2011), Moi Non Plus (2011), DK Monsieur Le Chat (2012, curly face---can't wait for Madame La Chatte...), Moonlight Shadow (2010, a nice scribbly pair of fonts), Mosca (2013), Mothman (2011, a sppoky scratchy face).
- N: Nakata (2012, a great notebook style script), Neues Bauen (2011). Nightbird (2011, blood drip face), Northumbria (2012: modeled on original 7th and 8th century monastic gospel books from Northern England), DK Nutnik (2012, a mural paint font), Nyctophobia (2010, brush face).
- O: Obrigado (2012, rounded art deco face), Oei (2010), Oomph (2010), DK Oyuki's Ghost (2013, scratchy scary typeface made with a steel pen and Chinese Ink---the name comes from a painting by Maruyama Okyo (1733-1795), which depicts his mistress who died young. Maruyama Okyo claimed she haunted him in his sleep).
- P: Pawn Shop Pretty (2010), Petit Oiseau (2013), Pimpernel (2012), Pinda (2011), P.I. (2011, grungy typewriter), Pingo (2012, display face), Pisang (2013, an all caps poster font), Plakkaat (2011), Porcupine Pickle (2011), ProjectX (2010), ProjectY (2010), ProjectZ (2010), Promedanenmischung (2010), Pumpkin Soup (2013: a poster typeface).
- Q: Quid Pro Quo (2011, scratchy calligraphic), Quilted Butterfly (2010), QuoVadisQuasimodo (2010).
- R: Rabbit on the Moon (2011, children's typeface), Rainforest (2010). Rat Infested Mailbox (2010), Retch (2013, frightening scratchy script), Rumpelstiltskin (2011, comic book family), Runic Series [Gunfjaun Runic (2010), Modraniht Runic (2010), Leakage (2010), Hyrrokkin Runic (2010), Harald Runic (2010). Gunnar Runic (2010), Nidhogg Runic (2010), Skraeling Runic (2010), Sleipnir Runic (2010), Tjelvar Runic (2010), Yggdrasil Runic (2010), Graip Runic (2010), Fenrir Runic (2010), Beowulf Runic (2010)], Rusty Cage (2011).
- S: Same Same but Different (2010), DK Samhain (2012, brush face), Sammy Boy (2011, fat poster face), Satsuma (2013, a poster face), Saturday Sunday Monday (2010), Scurvy Dog (2011, scratchy hand), Secret Diary (2013: hand-printed), Sheepman (2012), Shesek (2011, a fat finger face), Single Malta (2010), Sirius B (2013, poster font), Sketchy Smiley (2010, smilies), Sketchy Smiley II (2012), Skratch (2010, broken glass face), Sleight of Hand (2010), Slipstream Sweetheart (2010), Sobriquet (2012: a wonderful antique poster face), Spiderlegs (2011. Images: i, ii), SquareOne (2010), SquareOneGrunge (2010), Squint (2013, squarish), Suco de Laranja (2012), SundayMonday (2010), Sweet Steeffie (2010). Syphon Spritz (2010, a great curly script; a Pro version appeared in 2010 at CheapProFonts).
- T: That Little Piggy (2010), Thievery (2012, curly script), This Little Piggy (2010), Trashtype (2011, grungy), Tripping on Acid (2010), Trollslayer (2011, brush face), Twelve Weeks Pregnant (2010), Tzeva Tari (2010, grunge Hebrew).
- U: Ugh (2010).
- V: Ventana (2013, created using Chinese ink and a bamboo pen), Vermilion (2013, hand-printed poster face), DK Viareggio (2012, an art deco font Viareggio is based on the handlettering found on a 1931 poster, advertising the carnival of Viareggio), Vienna Workshop (2012, an art nouveau typeface based on some of the artwork produced by Vienna Workshop artists, in particular that of Koloman Moser), Vox Populi (2012, medieval).
- W: Warpspeed (2010), Wayang (2013, influenced by Indonesian puppets), Weekend Warrior (2010), Welt Schmerz (2012, a post-art nouveau face based on a 1910 poster from Austria), WetDream (2010), WindshieldMassacre, With A Twist (2011).
- Yellow Balloon (2013, a fat poster face).
- Z: Zonnig (2011).
Google search page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Dutch type design ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Rune fonts ⦿
Smiley Fonts ⦿
Native-American fonts ⦿
Comic/cartoon fonts ⦿
Horror fonts ⦿
Regular as clockwork ⦿
Children's handwriting fonts ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
Typewriter fonts ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Type design and constructivism ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Art Nouveau typefaces ⦿
Cubist typefaces ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
3D fonts ⦿
Sketched typefaces ⦿
Unicase type design ⦿
Typefaces that emulate crayons ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
De Stijl and type design ⦿