Hanoded is the foundry (est. 2010) of Dutch designer and photographer David Kerkhoff, b. Epe / Vaassen, 1969. In its first year, Hanoded was a free font outfit specializing in handwriting and hand-printed typefaces. Its creations could be seen at Dafont, Abstract Fonts and Fontspace. Fontspring link. Klingspor link.
In 2011, he went partially commercial via MyFonts. His typefaces became more diversified and are quite stunning at times:
- A: Aardvark Dreams (2016), Abeille (2016), Abelia (2015), Abysmal Gaze (2011. scratchy face), Aderyn (2012: a poster family), Aeronic (2015, based on a 1937 Japanese poster for Nikke Coat by Japanese print artist Gihachiro Okuyama (1907-1981)), Aint Nothing Fancy (2010). All Over Again (2010), All Over Again All Caps (2010), Allez Hop (2011), Ambrosine (2017), Americain (2012, constructivist), American Grunge (2015), Amoebica (2014), Andorra Script (2014), Antisocial Behavior (2010), Antidote (2016, 3d and hand-crafted), Appelstroop (2016), Artful Dodger (2012, a grungy Clarendon), AshesToAshes (2010), Ashtanga (2013, curly caps), Astromonkey (2016), Attaboy (2016, dry brush), Attention Seeker (2017), Au Revoir (2012), Avontuur (2017).
- B: Badehaus (2015, an art npuveau typeface modeled after the lettering on the Thermal Badehaus in Bad Neuenahr, Germany), Bad Medicine (2017), BadPaintjob (2010), Balagan (2010), Bandolina (2014), Baznat (2010), BehindDirtyBlinds (2010), DK Bergelmir (2014), Bintang (2016), Black Bamboo (2014), Black Mark (2012, a heavy brush face), Blauhaus (2015, a rounded organic monoline Bauhaus), Bloemgracht (2014, Dutch deco), Blueberry Jam (2016), Bocadillo (2016, brush script), Bodiam (2016, beatnik style), Bombay Blue (2014, hand-crafted poster font), Blue Sheep (2016, comic book style), Boris Brush (2016), Borrowdale (2016, a crayon font), Bottle Brush (2017, dry brush), Bottle Shop Faded (2010), Bratislava (2015), Brush Crush (2016), Buckthorn (2017, grungy), Bupkis (2017), Breakfast Burrito (2015), Brooklyner (2013: an art deco caps typeface based on the typeface used for The Brooklynite, a magazine from the 1920's), Brouillard (2017), Bullet in your Head (2010), Bungehuis (2015, Dutch deco after the lettering on a building in Amsterdam, 1931), Buntaro, Burobu (a blobby typeface), Business As Usual (2011, scratchy), Buttered Toast (2015), Butterfly Ball (2014), Bygone (2017, brush font).
- C: Canned Whale (2012, outlined and hand-printed), Canoodle (2016), Carambola (art deco sans), Carbonara (2011, grungy typewriter), Carpe Noctem (2017, a haunted font), Carte Blanche (2012, a gorgeous arched / sketched caps face), Castanea (2012, a painter's font), Castle On The Hill (2017), Celluloid Bliss (2010), Charons Obol (2011, scary brush face), Cheat Sheet (2013, handwritten), Checkout (2015, a basic supermarket script), Cherubina (2016, beatnik style), Chocolatte (2016), Chunky Chicken (2013), Cinnamon Swirl (2016, curly lettering), Cinnabar Brush (2016), DK Clair de Lune (2012, an exquisite curly poster font), Clochard (funky quirky lettering), Closet Skeleton (a scary font based on the cover of the 1946 book De Sprookjeshoorn by Anton Eijkens (1920-2012)), Coal Brush (2016), Codswallop (2011, fat hand-printed), DK Coliseu (2014, art deco), Colporteur (2017), Compagnon (2017), DK Cool Crayon, Cool Daddy (2017, bubblegum font), Coquillage (2017), Corner Shop Chique (2010), Cortese (2016: an interlocking letter poster font based on a 1971 Italian movie poster for La Morte Cammina Con I Tacchi Alti directed by Luciano Ercoli), Cosmo Stitch (2015), Couldnt be bothered (2010), Courant (2011, grungy blackletter), Cover Up (2017), Crayon Crumble (2011, chalk face), Crayon En Folie (2016, a crayon or chalk typeface), DK Crayonista (2012), Criss Cross (2011), Crowbar (2017), Crypt (2016), Cry Wolf (2017), Cubissimo (2013, a cubist geometric font inspired by a 1929 poster advertising a museum exhibition), Cul de Sac (2010, 3d outline face, hand-printed and sketched), Cut Along (2017: a paper cutout typeface).
- D: Darker Marker (2016), Deco Pimp (2011), Die Bruecke (2013, a woodblock printing emulation typeface named after the Die Brücke movement), Dirrrty (2016, a grungy brush font), DK Allez Hop (2011), Discolicious (2017), Don Quixote (2011. nice grunge calligraphic hand), DK Dortmunder Ecke (2015, inspired by cubism), Double Quick (2014), Douceur (2014, a blackboard bold / tattoo script), Down The Wall (2017), Downward Fall (2014, a rough brush), Dragonblood (2015), Drawing Blood (2010), Dreadnought (2014, brush face), Drop Dead Gorgeous (an all caps brush typeface), Dubbel Zout.
- E: Early Morning Coffee (2012), Elbow Grease (2017), Entourage (2017), Ersatz Quality (2010).
- F: Face Your Fears (2011), Face Your Fears II (2015), FairNSquare (2010), Fallout Font (2010), Fantastique (2012, a 3d hand-printed caps face), Fat Little Piggy (2010), Father Frost (2012), Fiebiger Eins (2013, an art nouveau / arts & crafts typeface after a 1908 poster by Franz Fiebiger), Fiebiger Zwei (2013), Flagellum Dei (2016, a rough brush script), Fledermaus (2012: Fledermaus ("bat") was a cabaret theater from Vienna. The original Jugendstil decor was designed by Josef Hoffman and several posters, advertising performances, were designed by other members of the Vienna Workshop. The Fledermaus font was based on a 1907 poster by Bertold Löffler.; the missing glyphs were created by Kerkhoff), Food Truck (2016, vernacular style), DK Formosa (2012), Framboisier (2017), Frozen Memory (2017), Full Blast (2017: dry brush).
- G: Galangal (a phenomenal poster typeface that plays on thick and thin, in the style of Horst Caps), Garden Bed (2016, a fat brush font), Garden Gnome (2016), Gerards Gold (2010, script face), GerardsGold (2010). Ghost Reverie (2010, a scratchy family), Grafiker (2013, a brush typeface loosely based on the work of designers Oskar Kokoschka (1886-1980) and Jean Carlu (1900-1997)), Grumpy Tiger (2017), Guerilla Handshake (2017), Gulag Decay (2010).
- H: Halewyn (2017), Hangmans Delight (2016), Hanoded Hand (2010), Hanoded-Heavy (2010), Harimau (2012, a rounded children's book font), Harimau Dua (2015), Harrumph (2011, a fat poster lettering family), Hasty Tasty (2011), HaraldRunicDEMO (2010), Heckel (2013, a German expressionist hand-drawn typeface based on the handwriting of Erich Heckel (1883-1970), a founding member of Die Brücke, a group of German expressionist), Hedgehog Hans (2012, comic book typeface), Henceforth (2017), Hex (2012), Hexenhammer (2017, a font for witches and vampires), Hey Comrade (2016: a messy script font made with a bamboo satay skewer), Hieratic Numerals (2010), High Tea (2012), DK Himmelblau (2012, art nouveau font based on a poster from 1902 made by the Künstlerbund Hagen), Hobgoblin (2014), Hofstad (2014, after an art deco typeface used by poster designer John Lavies), Hokitika (2014, art deco), Honey Dew (2016), Huggin and Muninn (2012, script face), Hummus Chips Salat (2010), Hyggelig (2015).
- I: Inky Fingers (2013, a fat finger font), Innuendo (2015), Interstellar Erosion (2010), DK Insomniac (2015), Irena (2016, a cubist/expressionist font inspired by Czech type designer Vojtech Preissig), Ishtar (2012: spooky brush font).
- J: Jalebi (2015), Jambo (2014, bouncy and funky), Joe Schmoe (2011, hand-printed), John Brown (2016), Jubileum (2013), Just Before Liposuction (2010).
- K: Kaikoura (2014, art deco), Katzenjammer (2015), Kempoka (2014, brush script), Kerberos Fang (2011), Keswick (2013, a lipstick font created using a 6B pencil), Fat Kitty Kat (2013), DK Koerier (2014, a 3d outlined typeface), Knockdown (2016, brush style), Knucklebones (2017), Kodama Forest (2017, Treefrog style), Kokomo (2012, 3d and outlined), Kolkata Hotelroom (2010), Komsomol (2014: was modeled on several Soviet propaganda posters and anmed after the youth division of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, the Komsomol, or Kommunisticheskii Soyuz Molodyozhi), Koshatnik (2011, all caps brush face), Kubikajiri (2011, an India ink brush face), DK Kundalini (2013, curly), Kunstschau (2012: a beautiful poster font that was modeled on a stamp, designed by Austrian artist Bertold Löffler, for the Kunstschau 1908 exhibition in Vienna), Kurkuma (2013, a wonderful poster caps face), Kusukusu (2011, hand-printed), Kwark (2013: a 3d poster font).
- L: Lampion (2012, a condensed unicase hand-drawn face), Leakage (2010, ink splash face), Languedoc (2016), Larks Tongues (2017), Leftover Crayon (2017), Lemon Yellow Sun (2014), Lille Snemand (2015), DK Limoen (2012, shadow outline face), Liquid Embrace (2015, a brush font), Little Boy Blue (2016), Lokomotiv (2012, an art deco caps typeface based on poster for the 1930 Geneva Motor Show), DK Louise (2012, art deco, cubist: based on the art of Louise Marie (lou) Loeber, a Dutch painter), Lunisolar (2017).
- M: Maduki (2013), Majolica (2014, art deco), DK Mama Bear (2012), Mandarin Whispers (2017, a brush font actually made by a marker pen), Mandolin (2014), Mango Smoothie (2015), Mariken (2017), Market Square (2017, vernacular style; +Market Square Marker), Mary Ate a Little Lamb (2010), Mayonaise (2011), Meshuggeneh (2013---crazy fool on Yiddish; a twisted 3d typeface), Midnight Chalker (2016, a chalk or crayon font), Midnight Hour (2011), Moi Non Plus (2011), Momotaro (2015, a fun rough brush script), DK Monsieur Le Chat (2012, curly face---can't wait for Madame La Chatte...), Moonlight Serenade (2016), Moonlight Shadow (2010, a nice scribbly pair of fonts), More Or Less (2016), Mosca (2013), Mothman (2011, a spooky scratchy face), Motley Crew (2016), Mr Stickman (2015, funny dingbats), Mysterious (2017).
- N: Nakata (2012, a great notebook style script), Nanuk (2013, an outlined 3d typeface), Neues Bauen (2011), New Beginnings (2016), Nightbird (2011, blood drip face), Northumbria (2012: modeled on original 7th and 8th century monastic gospel books from Northern England), Notaris (2015, a bouncy typeface), Nouveau Crayon (2016), DK Nutnik (2012, a mural paint font), Nyctophobia (2010, brush face).
- O: Obrigado (2012, rounded art deco face), Oei (2010), Office Squeeze (2017, a sketched font made with a Japanese brush pen), Oomph (2010), Okiku (2014, a scratchy poster typeface), Oranjerie (2013, poster typeface), Orenji (2016), Otago (2014: a classic all caps art deco typeface), DK Oyuki's Ghost (2013, scratchy scary typeface made with a steel pen and Chinese Ink---the name comes from a painting by Maruyama Okyo (1733-1795), which depicts his mistress who died young. Maruyama Okyo claimed she haunted him in his sleep).
- P: Palembang (2015, a Dutch art deco typeface), Pandanus (2014), Paradise Lost (2016, created using a broken bamboo satay skewer and Chinese ink), Pardesi (2013, a fat marker pen font), DK Pastis (2016, a lovely hand-crafted typeface), Paviljoen (2014: Dutch art deco), Pawn Shop Pretty (2010), Petit Four (2015), Petit Oiseau (2013), Pimpernel (2012), Pinda (2011), P.I. (2011, grungy typewriter), Pingo (2012, display face), Pinkus (2013, a caps-only poster font), Pisang (2013, an all caps poster font), Plague Master (2016), Plakkaat (2011), Poison Ivy (2014, scratchy hand), Pondicherry (2014, a hand-sketched 3d typeface), Porcupine Pickle (2011), Prince Frog (2015, a cartoon / children's book font), ProjectX (2010), ProjectY (2010), ProjectZ (2010), Promedanenmischung (2010), Psycho Killer (2013), Pumpkin Soup (2013: a poster typeface), Pundak (2014, all caps 3d outlined typeface), DK Pusekatt (2013).
- Q: DK Qilin (2014: a great inky font), Quatrain (a hand-drawn didone), Quid Pro Quo (2011, scratchy calligraphic), Quilted Butterfly (2010), QuoVadisQuasimodo (2010).
- R: Rabbit Escape (2016), Rabbit on the Moon (2011, children's typeface), Rainforest (2010). Rat Infested Mailbox (2010), Ravenheart (2017, Treefrog or Ralph Steadman style: scary and inky), Retch (2013, frightening scratchy script), Rosy Lee (2016), Rotorua (2014, art deco), Rough Patch (2017), Ruby Red (2015, brush style), Rum Doodle (2013), Rumpelstiltskin (2011, comic book family), Runic Series [Gunfjaun Runic (2010), Modraniht Runic (2010), Leakage (2010), Hyrrokkin Runic (2010), Harald Runic (2010). Gunnar Runic (2010), Nidhogg Runic (2010), Nippon Note (2016), Skraeling Runic (2010), Sleipnir Runic (2010), Tjelvar Runic (2010), Yggdrasil Runic (2010), Graip Runic (2010), Fenrir Runic (2010), Beowulf Runic (2010)], Running Hipster (2016), Rusty Cage (2011).
- S: Saffron Walden (great fattish inky brush script), Same Same but Different (2010), DK Samhain (2012, brush face), Sammy Boy (2011, fat poster face), Sanseki (2016, Chinese ink brush script named after Sanseki, a Japanese term used to describe three famous Heian period calligraphers: Yaseki, Gonseki and Saseki), Satsuma (2013, a poster face), Saturday Sunday Monday (2010), Scrawny Cat (2016, a brush and China ink typeface), Scribbler (2015), Scurvy Dog (2011, scratchy hand), Secret Diary (2013: hand-printed), Semarang (2015, an art deco sans), Sensory Overload (brushed typeface), Shaken Not Stirred (2015), Sheepman (2012), Shesek (2011, a fat finger face), Shinano (2017, made using a Japanese brush), Single Malta (2010), Sirius B (2013, poster font), Sketchy Smiley (2010, smilies), Sketchy Smiley II (2012), Skratch (2010, broken glass face), Sleepy Time (2013, hand-printed), Sleight of Hand (2010), Slipstream Sweetheart (2010), Slivowitz (2017), Smooth Brushings (2016), Smurrie (2016), Snemand (2013, a poster titling typeface), Snippity Snap (2015, paper cut typeface), Sobriquet (2012: a wonderful antique poster face), Soerabaja (2017, all caps Dutch art deco), Souplesse (2013), Southside Fizz (2017, hand-crafted art deco), Spaghetti And Cheese (2017), Spandau (art deco), Spiced Pumpkin (2016), Spiderlegs (2011, Splinterhand (2017), SquareOne (2010), SquareOneGrunge (2010), Squint (2013, squarish), Starlight Lovers (2016), Statendam (2014, caps only Dutch art deco influenced by interbellum ads for the Holland America Line), Struffoli (2017), Suco de Laranja (2012), Summer Romance, SundayMonday (2010), Sugary Pancake (2016), Sushi Bar (2016, dry brush), Sweet Steeffie (2010). Syphon Spritz (2010, a great curly script; a Pro version appeared in 2010 at CheapProFonts).
- T: Tartufo (sketched font), Teacup (2017), Tequileria (2016), That Little Piggy (2010), Technojunk (2014, 3d squarish hand-drawn typeface), The Cats Whiskers (2016), Terpentijn (2017, grungy), Thievery (2012, curly script), This Little Piggy (2010), Toadstool (2017), Tobu (2014), Tompouce (2017), Toverheks (2016, a bewitched typeface), Trashtype (2011, grungy), Trained Monkey (2017, a cartoon font), Tripping on Acid (2010), Trollslayer (2011, brush face), Twelve Weeks Pregnant (2010), Tzeva Tari (2010, grunge Hebrew).
- U: Ugh (2010), Umbilical Noose (2014, a rough brush), Uncle Oscar (2016, a crayon font).
- V: Ventana (2013, created using Chinese ink and a bamboo pen), Vermilion (2013, hand-printed poster face), DK Viareggio (2012, an art deco font Viareggio is based on the handlettering found on a 1931 poster, advertising the carnival of Viareggio), Vienna Workshop (2012, an art nouveau typeface based on some of the artwork produced by Vienna Workshop artists, in particular that of Koloman Moser), Visum (2014), Vlinder (2017), Vox Populi (2012, medieval).
- W: Warpspeed (2010), Wayang (2013, influenced by Indonesian puppets), Weekend Warrior (2010), Welt Schmerz (2012, a post-art nouveau typeface based on a 1910 poster from Austria), WetDream (2010), Whale Song (2017), Whatnot (2013), Whynot (2014), Wild Bunch (2015: Western font), WindshieldMassacre, With A Twist (2011).
- X: Xanthine (2017, a messy brush type).
- Y: Yellow Balloon (2013, a fat poster face), Yuli (2014).
- Z: Zeebonk (2013, a tattoo font), Zesty Lime (2016, brush font), Zombie Starfish (2017), Zonnig (2011).
Monotype foundry link
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Dutch type design ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Rune fonts ⦿
Smiley Fonts ⦿
Native-American fonts ⦿
Comic/cartoon fonts ⦿
Regular as clockwork ⦿
Children's handwriting fonts ⦿
Typewriter fonts ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Type design and constructivism ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Art Nouveau typefaces ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
3D fonts ⦿
Sketched typefaces ⦿
Unicase type design ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
De Stijl and type design ⦿
Typefaces related to German expressionism ⦿
Die BRücke ⦿
Arts and Crafts Movement ⦿
Tattoo fonts ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Blackboard type ⦿
Bauhaus and type design ⦿
Signage typefaces ⦿
Cubist typefaces ⦿
Western fonts ⦿
Horror fonts ⦿
Beatnik types ⦿
Typefaces that emulate crayons ⦿
Bubblegum typefaces ⦿
Dry brush script typefaces ⦿
Treefrog typefaces ⦿
Oriental simulation fonts ⦿