[Pedro González Jorquera]
Type designer graphic designer, calligrapher and illustrator from Chile, who graduated in graphic design in 2005 from the Universidad del Bío-Bío., b. 1977, Santiago de Chile. Aka PeGGO, a foundry established in 2002. MyFonts link. PeGGO designed some commercial fonts, such as:
- Farola (2008, a curly Victorian face; +Farola Simple, without curls).
- PAI Fashion Font (2011).
- Legan (2008, a mini-serifed Trajan face).
- Thörtl (an angular display face).
- Gothric (gothic).
- Claramaria (sans).
- Claramaria Mega Black, Claramaria Extra Light (hairline version).
- Fonton (a fat elliptical face; images i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi, vii, viii, ix, x). I can't understand why Fonton has not won any major awards. Even in this popular genre, it stands on a pedestal all by itself.
- Cuadrada (2010, angular).
- Lighton Extra Light (2011). An elliptical hairline sans.
- Trianglery (2010, calligraphic).
- Politic (+ExtraLight, +ExtraBlack: a slabbed family).
- Minesmall (hand-printed).
- SP-Font (squarish).
- Halcön (2008, blackletter).
- Krämfark (2008, blackletter).
- Milica (2013). A squarish severe poster typeface family.
- Hexaround (2013) is a dotted hexagonal matrix font.
- Latinisiert Hebraica Schrift (2014). A Hebrew simulation typeface.
- Double Trase Latinsiert Fraktur Schrift (2014) is a calligraphic blackletter alphabet.
- Limonada (2015). An organic semi-serif typeface.
- Ironbrick (2015). Pure techno futurism.
- Sharka (2015). A mechanical high impact display typeface family ranging from Normal to Compressed widths.
- Globa (2016). Globa is a low contrast round sans typeface family.
- Niva (2016). A 60-style display sans typeface family advertized for use in scientific documents.
- Primaria (2018). A great school script and print typeface family.
- The commissioned decorative typeface family Roijer (2016), and Roijer Ornaments, Roijer Dingbats, and Roijer II (2017). This absolutely stunning display typeface family evolved from a branding exercise in which each letter was developed as typographic jewelry, a bond between classical and creative freedom concepts with Lombardic and art nouveau touches, Röijer puts a dual capital model in your hands---a classic Roman and a contemporary alternative.
- LeBrush (2016). A contemporary humanist serif Roman typeface based on real brush lettering, in ten styles ranging from Thin to Extra Dark, inspired by the classical Roman proportions of the Capitalis Monumentalis of the Trajan Column. It comes with several dingbat fonts and a set of ornaments. The family could be appropriate for movie titling.
- Animals LeBrush Extras (2016): a set of hand drawings of wild mountain and sea animals done for book covers, magazines and posters.
- Geometrica (2017, Latinotype). Geometrica is a low contrast rounded geometric Sans with a mid 19th/early 20th century simplicity air yet it remains modern and minimalist. Geometrica has ten weights.
- Caprina (2017). A geometric sans family with the flat squarish tops that characterize the original Futura and the work of Max Bill.
- In 2018, Pedro Gonzalez and Marcela Aguilera co-designed Orqquidea and Orqquidea Garden (dingbats).
- Rationell (2020). Classifying it as neo-grotesk, Pedro writes: Rationell is a functional multipurpose corporate typeface, based on classic 1950's Swiss rationalism, subtly tuned on a XIX century didonesque modernist structure, a contemporary interpretation with the eyes of the Latin idiosyncrasy. Rationell's great weight range stretches from hairline to extra black, with rounding in the heavier weights.
- Geometrica (2019). A low contrast geometric sans family.
- PGF Now (2020). A 22-style Latin American humanist sans family.
- PGF Strange (2021). A thorny layerable display serif family in eight styles.
Calligraphic works include L'Ecole d'Fine Arts (2009), Latinisiert Fraktur Neue (2014), Paradise Duck, Eclesiastes (based on "La Rueda" of Sheila Waters, 1981).
Creative Market link. Behance link. MyFonts foundry link. Klingspor link.
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Monotype foundry link
Creative Market page
Klingspor Museum page
The Chilean type scene ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Very thin (hairline sans) typefaces ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Victorian typefaces ⦿
Typefaces inspired by the Trajan column in Rome ⦿
Hexagonal typefaces ⦿
Hebrew simulation fonts ⦿
Triangulated typefaces ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Curly typefaces ⦿
School fonts ⦿