Foundry in Wichita, KS, founded in 1999 by Nathan Williams (b. Concordia, KS, 1973), formerly from the University of Kansas Art Museum Library. Its motto: The goal of the foundry is to provide uninterpreted revivals of type samples generated through disappearing printing methods, and create new fonts for dissemination in the type community. Order through MyFonts.Com or Union Fonts or Creative Market. FontShop link. Klingspor link.
- The Rodeo family of wood type fonts: 66 Rodeo, 57 Rodeo, 58 Rodeo (2003), Rodeo Rope, Rodeo Rope Superchunk.
- The Tuscan family: Tuscan (2003, a wild west face). To this group we can add the Tuscan typeface Circus KS (2006).
- Egyptians: Grit Gothic (2013), Grit Sans (2013), Heirloom Artcraft (2013), Worn Gothic (2013), Stately GG (2013), Grit Egyptienne (2005, grunge Egyptian family), Rough Egyptienne (2005).
- Grunge typefaces: Antimony (2005, grunge), Dryden (distressed handwritten face).
- Old typewriter fonts: Slab American Regular (old typewriter), Slab American Titling, Slab American Titling Heavy (2002). Slab American has 55 styles.
- Art nouveau typefaces: Old Paris Nouveau (2003).
- Pixelish typefaces: Base PXL7, 80s PXL Bold.
- Display Sans: Maxime (2004, having support for most European languages; Maxime Shadow is available at FontShop), Woodgrit Thin (based on 19th century American letterpress fonts), Woodgrit Medium, Woodgrit Heavy, Pippen (squarish).
- Calligraphic: Roundhand Regular.
- Victorian: Boback.
- The Grit family: Grit History (2003-2004), Grit Primer (2003), Grit Egyptienne, Grit Typesorts (2006, free).
- The Old Times American family (+Italic, +Titling).
- Pia Regular.
- Kandt: the handwriting of legendary designer and art director James Kandt; 4 styles.
- AVI Sans.
- Country Fang (2003, with Brian Miller).
- Craft Roman
- Licious Script.
- Luxe (2003, casual).
- Momentum (2002).
- George Gibson (handwriting from mid 1800s).
- Dingbats: Megaflakes 2010 (2010) and Megaflakes 2011 (2011).
- Sketchwriter (2011).
- Dusty Circus (2011) is a five-layer stacking display face designed to be infinitely morphed. It is a prototypical member of that old western circus font genre.
- Bobbi Bee (2013). A connected script.
Creative Market page
Klingspor Museum page
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Wood Type ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Western fonts ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Dingbats (original) ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Pixel/bitmap fonts ⦿
Type scene in Kansas ⦿
Art Nouveau typefaces ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Victorian typefaces ⦿
Snowflake fonts ⦿
Rope Fonts ⦿
Circus fonts ⦿
Tuscan fonts ⦿