Barcelona-based graphic designer (b. 1963). Dafont carries his free fonts, which are often revivals, or fonts based on scans from Dover books. The list of his typefaces:
- Amarfil (2012). Traced from the Dubbelde Auguftyn Capitalen typeface by father and son Izakk and Johan Enschedé.
- Angelface (2014). Mario writes that it is loosely based on the Lariata typeface. It was traced from the 1993 edition of the Novum Press book Schreibschriften/Script Types, compiled by Michael Rau & Rosemarie Kloos-Rau.
- Better Heather (2000): a cleanup of De Nada's script font Heather.
- Boizenburg (2013). An art nouveau caps typeface.
- Brennan (2012). A heavy slab serif typeface.
- Brook Flair (2012). Mario explains: This font is traced from the book Alphabete 2 by Erhardt D. Stiebner and Helmut Huber for Novum Press (1990). I added the missing swashy characters and punctuations. From what I understand, this is a variation of a typeface called Macbeth that was designed in the 1950's for Filmotype.
- Dean Martin and Dean Martin Swing (2012). A retro font and its curly cousin.
- Doris Day: an upright connected script.
- Esplanade Script (2015). Published at Aring Typeface.
- Flamingo (2015). A revival of a condensed titling typeface (+Inline) family designed in 1929 by Louis Oppenheim at H. Berthold Schriftgiesserei A.G.
- Galeries (2001): based on a type that appeared on a receipt from a store called Galeries Sant Jordi in the 1960s in Pineda de Mar, Catalunya.
- Halo Handletter (1997): taken from Brushstroke and Free-Style Alphabets-100 Complete Fonts (Dover).
- Helvelow: based on Helvetica.
- Individual (or: Initial): calligraphic all caps face. Scanned from an alphabet book.
- Japan (1997): a brush stroke font based on a scan from Brushstroke and Free-Style Alphabets-100 Complete Fonts (Dover).
- Lisbon Script (2014). Based on a script shown in Schreibschriften/Script Types (1993, Michael Rau & Rosemarie Kloos-Rau, Novum Press).
- Masana (2011). An upright connected script family inspired by the handwriting of Catalan photographer Josep Masana from Barcelona who was also a publicist in the 1930's. Followed by Masana Grata, Masana Maxima and Masana Extras in 2011.
- Mister Sinatra and Mister Sinatra Slim (2012).
- Oz's Wizard (2012). Based on scans of L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1900), which used a typeface designed by Goudy.
- PetuniaBounce (1997): based on a Dan Solo typeface from Brushstroke and Free-Style Alphabets-100 Complete Fonts (Dover).
- Riddle (Riddle Upright and Riddle Script, 2010-2013): based on the typeface used on the Frank Sinatra&Nelson Riddle LP "Only the Lonely". With help from Harold Lohner. Continued in Riddle Upright (2013).
- Rom (2001): inspired by Barcelona's Rom Caffe logo.
- Rough Spring: based on Spring by Letterperfect.
- Sahara (2000): based on the font Arbot.
- South Pacific. Inspired by a phrase from The ABC of Lettering (1965, J.I. Biegeleisen, Harper & Row Publishers,NY. See also this OFL link.
- Thick Deco: art deco face.
- You're Invited (2014). An invitation script font that revives a script found in Lettering (1916, Thomas Wood Stevens). The typeface was designed by Lawrence Rosa and later refined by Mario Arturo.
Klingspor link. Dafont link. Fontspace link.
Klingspor Museum page
Type design in Catalunya ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Brush script typefaces ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Art Nouveau typefaces ⦿
Curly typefaces ⦿