[Kasper Pyndt Rasmussen]
Danish graphic and type designer in Copenhagen, who studied at The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Design (2010-2016) and The Royal Academy of Art, The Hague (2014-15). In 2020, he set up Approximate Type. His typefaces:
- He made various typefaces in 2010, including a monoline sans caps face, a Peignotian high-contrast caps face, a paper fold face, and the geometric typeface Ottoman, which was part of the visual identity made for a nightclub named Ottoman, located at Dunkel in the heart of Copenhagen. Wondair (2011) is a rounded monoline logotype made for a fictituous airline. Gemini (2011) is a bilined geometric art deco typeface.
- In 2012, Pyndt designed the soft neo-grotesque Husaar, which has subtle, sharp ink-traps.
Dalat (2013) is a typeface inspired by Vietnamese visual culture. I believe that at some point it was called Kieu. He writes about Dalat: Dalat is a typeface that looks back on Vietnam's visual history and attempts to form a synthesis of style. As French Art Deco and Russian Constructivism have been prominent actors in Vietnam, the letters are constructed in a similarly geometric way. By contrast, the soft serifs are derived from Vietnamese calligraphy whose brush strokes tend to thicken and pool towards the end.
- Clerk (2015) is a stencil display typeface based on a sign type (most likely) drawn by Samuel de Clerq in the 1920s for the savings bank of The Hague. This uppercase-only font features, among other things, an array of 'O'-ligatures as well as a flat-top '8'.
- Aguzzo (2016). A roman capitalis typeface loosely based on Aldo Novarese and Alessandro Butti's Augustea (1951).
- Celebrating the 100-year anniversary of Danish furniture design legend Hans Wegner, Tønder Museum asked Pyndt to visually interpret his work, which led to Pyndt's Wegner Alphabet depicting chairs.
- Edwin (2016?) is a text typeface drawn from the simple notion of replacing the ball-terminal with a square. A font that retains character despite its functional merits.
- Reply (2020). A neutral sans family with nearly monolinear strokes and large open counters.
- The bespoke sans typeface family Shed (2021).
Behance link. Home page.
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
The Danish type scene ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Octagonal typefaces ⦿
Corporate typefaces ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Typefaces inspired by the Trajan column in Rome ⦿