[David Fernando Espinosa Martínez]
Type Sailor is David Espinosa (born in 1986) who lives in Bogotá. He graduated from the Universidad de Bogotá Jorge Tadeo Lozano as graphic designer and advertiser. He is a descendant of Antonio Espinosa de los Monteros, first royal printer of the viceroyalty of Nueva Granada.
He designed these typefaces:
- In 2017: Monteros (a revival of an old style typeface by Antonio Espinosa de los Monteros), Gautama (an organic sans).
- In 2014: Internerd, Old Providence New Roots (a poster typeface codesigned with Mateo Rivano), Santander (a great didone family).
- In 2013: Vercingetorix (monoline informal sans), Persifal (calligraphic typeface), Ygraine, Urania, Zephiroth (a semi-connected script), X-Classified (very grungy typewriter typeface), Salme (Treefrog-style script), Joyeux, Fugitiva (an ornamental Western saloon or circus font), Tomsk.
- In 2012: Pelida, Valpuesta, Walkiria (an informal blackletter), Quattro (a techno family), Olimpia, Luisa, Merlot (like caps in the style of William Morris), Bizancia (Arab simulation face), Imelda, Epifanía, Nero d'Avola (a great calligraphic script), Round, Avanti (calligraphic), Street Dork (stencil face).
- In 2011: Daniela (hairline sans), Glamourousse (sans), Caro (pixel), Carolina (sans), Kermesse (an octagonal font).
- In 2010: Davidcito (handwriting) and Hug Femmes (sans).
He says that his inspiration comes from the female form, which always has been associated with classic typography.
Dafont link. Iphoneruler link. FontM link. Facebook link. Issuu link. Behance link.
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Colombian type design ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Very thin (hairline sans) typefaces ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Octagonal typefaces ⦿
Arabic simulation typefaces ⦿
Ornamental caps typefaces ⦿
Arts and Crafts Movement ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Western fonts ⦿
Treefrog typefaces ⦿
Typewriter fonts ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿