Aka Le Corbusier. Swiss architect, designer, urban planner, sculptor, writer, modern furniture designer, and painter. Born in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland, in 1887, he died in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, France, in 1965. His lettering inspired the Letraset rubdown dry transfer typeface Charrette. He also inspired many digital fonts:
- Jeanneret NF (2011): a stencil typeface by Nick Curtis.
- Le Corbusier: a stencil typeface by Philippe Desarzens at Lineto.
- Modular Stencil (1994): a stencil typeface by Gregory La Vardera.
- LeCorbusier (great stencil font, 1999), Le Corbusier Condensed (1999): a stencil typeface by Nico Schweizer at Lineto.
- In 2013, Henry Valerian created a typeface that is based on the blocky construction of Le Corbusier's Cité Radieuse in Marseille.
- Villa Savoye (1929-1931) inspired Nicolas Jover to create the compass-and-ruler typeface Savoye Sans in 2013.
Architectural lettering/typefaces ⦿
Type design in Switzerland ⦿
Type design in France ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Nick Curtis ⦿