A disciple of Tony de Marco, this Sao Paulo, Brazil-based designer has worked on digital magazines in Brazil such as Elle (fashion), Audi Magazine (lifestyle) and Trip (lifestyle). He set up Just in Type with Tony de Marco. Later he started his own foundry, Notdef Type. His typefaces:
- The rounded avant garde typeface Garoa (2011, Just in Type). Codesigned with Tony de Marco.
- The free font Garoa Hacker Clube Bold was published at OFL in 2013. They write: Inspired by the 70s design, specially on Herb Lubalin's work, the typeface Garoa is a rounded mechanical display font without optical compensations, ideal for large bodies.
- In 2013, he created the informal children's book typeface Sapeca, a script full of ligatures and alternates.
- The connected spaghetti-inspired script typeface Pasta Script (2015, Just in Type).
- Sorvettero (2015). Designed with Tony de Marco, Sorvettero is a sans, layered and unicase typeface inspired by some wood signs in Descansapolis, a neighborhood of Campos do Jordao. It won an award at Tipos Latinos 2016.
- Befter Sans (2016). A humanist sans typeface family with flared strokes.
- Suit Sans (2016, Just in Type), Suit Sans STD (2017, Just in Type).
- Tupa (2017, a squarish techno titling sans with interlocking ligatures).
- Couturier (2018, Latinotype). A didone typeface family with several surprises (f and y, for example) and possible applications in fashion mags. Followed in 2019 by Couturier Poster.
- Railroad Text (2018). A custom sans for Eisenbahn beer.
- ND Type One (2019). A sans family.
- Wright (2020). A 48-style art deco sans family with small x-height and wide letters for headline or display use.
- Galadali (2021). A confident flared-terminal serif in six styles.
- Nd Harquied (2021). A 7-style hipster sans with deep ink traps meant as a Halloween font.
- Nd Tupa Nova (2021). An 11-style (+variable) squarish font family with support for both Latin and Cyrillic. In this slightly constructivist genre, one of the best fonts around.
Behance link. Old URL. Creative Market link for Just in Type.
Creative Market page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Avant Garde typefaces ⦿
The Brazilian type scene ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿
Unicase type design ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Fashion mag typefaces ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Horror fonts ⦿
Variable fonts ⦿
Cyrillic type design ⦿
Type design and constructivism ⦿