Carles Rodrigo (Mucho) won a D&AD 2011 award in the typeface design competition for his Art Out. He set up Carles Rodrigo Studio in London, and specializes in branding and corporate type design. His creations there are visually striking:
- Splash Rounded. Corporate type design for Barcelona-based LED screen display company. Planned as a rounded version of Avant Garde.
- Peppurat Outline (2011). Headline typeface especially designed for the book "Pepe Andreu---Thinking Furniture". The typeface was planned as an outline version of Akkurat.
- Primera Bold. A stencil didone designed for the Primero Primera Hotel.
- Lexus Inline. Corporate identity type design for Lexus Design Awards, which took place in Tokyo.
- Art Out (2010). A blackboard bold typeface that was created for Fundación Arte y Mecenazgo in Spain.
- Monaco Book (2015). An art deco sans based on Geo Ham's racing posters from the 1930s.
- Zarzuela Poster (2009). Typeface developed for hypothetical rebirth of Zarzuela. an important genre of Spanish folklore. The structure of the typeface is based on the genre's 17th century origin, and is a hybrid between the transitional roman and the didone.
- Bhldn Display (2015). An extreme contrast custom fashion mag and wedding typeface in five styles based on Hoefler Display. It was created for an American clothing company.
- Sarda Display. This display typeface was especially developed for the book "Andres Sarda Moda Amor Arte". It is based on ITC Grouch (1970, Ronne Bonder and Tom Carnase).
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
The Spanish type scene ⦿
Blackboard type ⦿
Corporate typefaces ⦿
Art deco typefaces ⦿
Fashion mag typefaces ⦿
Type design in the United Kingdom ⦿