Adam Twardoch (b. 1975) was raised in Tychy, Poland, and graduated from the University of Frankfurt/Oder, Germany. He worked at for Agentur GmbH, a Frankfurt/Oder-based design firm. Since 1991, Adam has advised numerous type designers on Central European extensions of their typefaces and has created localized versions of over fifty fonts. He frequently writes on type-related matters, and is the founder of Font.org, a (now defunct) website featuring articles about typography in English and Polish. Adam Twardoch is Director of Products of FontLab (since 2004), and is typographic consultant at Linotype (since 2002) and Tiro Typeworks (since 2001), and general font specialist at MyFonts (2000-2012). Since 2012 he is based in Berlin.
Adam Twardoch is working in the field of font technology, multilingual typography, CSS webfonts, Unicode and OpenType.
- Andromeda SL (1997-2006). The unicase Andromeda SL font was inspired by a 1970's-like logo design for the "Andromeda" cinema in Tychy, Poland.
- Nadyezhda SL One (2007). Intended for testing of OpenType Layout features support in an application, this font is an extension of the Bitstream Vera Mono font, originally designed by Jim Lyles.
- In 2016, a team of designers at Lettersoup that includes Ani Petrova, Botio Nikoltchev, Adam Twardoch and Andreas Eigendorf designed an 8-style Latin / Greek / Cyrillic stencil typeface, Milka, which is based on an original stencil alphabet from 1979 by Bulgarian artist Milka Peikova.
- In 2017, Adam released the free 163-font collection Schticks, which is based on STIX Two.
- In 2019, Adam Twardoch published the free Robert Sans typeface family at Open Font Library. Robert Sans is a fork off Christian Robertson's Roboto font.
Speaker at ATypI 2013 in Amsterdam. Speaker at ATypI 2016 in Warsaw and at ATypI 2018 in Antwerp.
Eastern European fonts ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
The Polish type scene ⦿
German type scene ⦿
Type personalities ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Cyrillic type design ⦿
Sites with only a few free fonts ⦿