Michael Gills is a British calligrapher and graphic and type designer. He founded Creative Goats in Ipswich, Suffolk, UK. He worked first at Letraset (1988-1995) where he made typefaces such as Charlotte and Charlotte Sans, Elysium, Gilgamesh, Fling, Forkbeard, Frances Uncial, Isis, Katfish, Prague and Type Embellishments. He is currently an art director at The Folio Society: Book publishers, London. His fonts:
- ITC Iris (1990).
- Elyseum Book (1992), originally at Letraset, now sold by ITC.
- Charlotte Book (1992), originally at Letraset, now sold by ITC.
- Figural Book (1992; art direction by Colin Brignall; based on a typeface of Oldrich Menhart), originally at Letraset, now sold by ITC.
- Isis (1990, Letraset).
- Katfish (1994, Letraset).
- Prague (1991, Letraset, sold by ITC; based on a typeface of Oldrich Menhart).
- Fling (1995), an upright connected script originally published at Letraset, but now an ITC font. Recently used for Martha Stewart's Blueprint magazine.
- Gilgamesh Book (1994), Gilgamesh Book Italic, Gilgamesh Medium, Gilgamesh Bold, all originally at Letraset, now sold by ITC. Plus Gilgamesh Titling (Fontek).
- Spidercave (Fontek).
- Type Embellishments Three (with Martin Wait, 1994, originally at Letraset). With Colin Brignall, Type Embellishments One (1993) and Type Embellishments Two (1993).
- Forkbeard (Letraset).
- Frances Uncial (1995, Letraset).
- Avalanche Script (originally from Letraset).
FontShop link. Klingspor link.
View Michael Gills's typefaces.
Klingspor Museum page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Calligraphic typefaces ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Type design in the United Kingdom ⦿
Celtic/Gaelic fonts ⦿
Uncial typefaces ⦿
Ronde (Rondo, Rundschrift): Upright scripts ⦿