Graduate of Ecole Estienne in Paris, who lives in Paris, where is the lead designer at Production Type. Yoann Minet (b. 1988, Tulle) created many typefaces:
- Typefaces from 2015: Zahrah (a ten-style didone published by Indian Type Foundry), Granville (a Peignotian sans by Jean-Baptiste Levée).
- Typefaces from 2014: Minotaur [Minotaur won an award in the TDC 2015 Type Design competition], Minotaur Sans (extended in 2017 to Minotaur Lombardic and Minotaur Lombardic Sans), Countach (Countach, the tough compact sans supercharged with brawn & brains. Developed for The Crew, a critically acclaimed auto racing video game, Countach evokes the muscular and mechanical dynamics of fast cars and urban adventure. ; developed by Superscript2, J.-B. Levée, Sandra Carrera and Irina Smirnova).
- 2013, DSAA Design Typographique, Ecole Estienne, Paris: Traulha (wedge serif with horizontal stress), Ostia. Traulha is available from Extra Brut.
- 2012-2013, DSAA2 Design Typographique, Ecole Estienne, Paris: De Malfête (after a roman by Garamond in 1530, and an italic buy Simon de Collines), Grotique Gothesque.
- 2012, apprenticeship with Ludovic Balland: Stanley (a retail typeface at Optimo co-designed with Ludovic Balland), Theater Basel (a bespokle typeface done with Ludovic Balland), Swiss Art Awards (a font developed with Ludovic Balland for the identity of the Swiss Art Awards).
- 2011-2012, DSAA1 Design Typographique, Ecole Estienne, Paris: Capitale (a sans done under the direction of Franck Jalleau), Forez (a high-contrast wayfinding font for the chalet de François Mauriac in Saint-Symphorie).
- 2007-2011, Ecole de Communication Visuelle or (ECV) in Bordeaux, France: Bernadette (handwriting font based on the writing of Yoann's mother), Oxymore (2010, slab serif).
- 2012-2013: Ostia Antica is commissioned by Maquettes et Mise en pages designed and is co-designed bt Hugo Anglade, Laure Afchain and Thomas Petitjean for the exhibition catalogue Pasolini Roma in 2013. Extended in 2018 to a large retail family, which is available from Extra Brut.
- In 2014, he created Clifton Regular, a revival of Athenian (1896, British Type Foundry). This type is similar to Fantail (ATF, and Franklin Type Foundry, 1889). Published at 205 Corp.
- In 2014, he made the bespoke typeface Stratos with art direction by Emmanuel Labard. Stratos was retailed in 2016 and won an award in the TDC Typeface Design competition in 2017.
- In 2016, as Black Foundry, Jeremie Hornus, Gregori Vincens, Yoann Minet, and Roxane Gataud (and possibly Riccardo Olocco) designed the free Google web font Atma for Latin (in comic book style) and Bengali.
- In 2016, Google Fonts published the free Latin / Bengali signage font Galada (2015). It is based on Pablo Impallari's Lobster (for Latin). The Bengali was developed as a studio collaboration by Jeremie Hornus, Yoann Minet, and Juan Bruce at Black Foundry in France. Github link.
- Dr (2017, Production Type). A display sans typeface family that is deliberately weird.
- Droulers (2017). A monospaced display type for Bureau Brut.
- Totentanz (2017). A playful didone done for Bureau Brut.
- At Production Type in 2018, he cooperated with Jean-Baptiste Levée and Quentin Schmerber on Cardinal Classic and Cardinal Fruit, a large transitional typeface family. With Quentin Schmerber's help, he also published the 5-style text typeface Sainte Colombe in 2018.
Interview by Ligature.ch. Personal home page. Behance link.
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type design in France ⦿
Corporate typefaces ⦿
Handwriting fonts ⦿
Garalde or Garamond typefaces ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Bengali fonts ⦿
Comic/cartoon fonts ⦿
Lombardic types ⦿