French freelance graphic and type designer who started his own commercial typefoundry in 2014. Now based in Nantes, Thierry was educated in Nantes and studied Typography & Language at ESAD in Amiens, France, class of 2014. His typefaces:
- Andersen. His graduation project from Nantes.
- Batutah (2013-2014). A Latin / Arabic bicephalic typeface family for his graduation project at ESAD. "Batutah" refers to the Arab pilgrim Ibn Batutah who traveled from Spain to China in the thirteenth century. This Latin / Arabic typeface is intended primarily for magazines.
- Futago (2013). A fashion mag hiragana and katakana didone. Thierry: Futago is a Japanese typeface of 141 glyphs intended to go with Latin typefaces from Didot family. Its name, which means twin, expresses clearly its objective: to be used in bilingual texts in order to create a graphic unity. This typeface has been selected by the website Typography Served in 2013.
- Wilson (2013). A visit by Laura Mesaguer led Thierry to the development of a 3-style Tuscan stencil typeface called Wilson (2013).
- Dark Times (2013). An extra-light revival of a gothic textura.
- Lewis (2014). A Tuscan stencil typeface.
- For the comic book artist Milena Picard, he custom-designed the comic book typeface family Anelim (2017).
- The art deco all caps Utopiales (2018): This typeface has been tailor-made for the Utopiales, an international science-fiction festival at the Cité des Congrès in Nantes. The Cité des Congrès in Nantes asked me to create a new titling typeface only in capitals following their art deco inspirations. I based it on the letters of this period found in the streets of Nantes that are part of the history and identity of the city.
- In 2019 he made a typeface, Bouclard, on commission for the publishing house Bouclard in Nantes.
Creative Market link. Behance link.
Fontspring link [Buy fonts]
Creative Market page
Type designers ⦿
Type designers ⦿
Type design in France ⦿
Stencil fonts ⦿
Typefaces and type design for Arabic ⦿
Fashion mag typefaces ⦿
Blackletter fonts ⦿
Japanese type design ⦿
Modern style [Bodoni, Didot, Walbaum, Thorowgood, Computer Modern, etc.] ⦿
Font examples ⦿
Western fonts ⦿
Commercial fonts (small outfits) ⦿
Comic/cartoon fonts ⦿
Corporate typefaces ⦿
Tuscan fonts ⦿