Linotype suggest seven condensed (narrow) fonts:
- Monotype Grotesque Extra Condensed.
- Helvetica from Max Miedinger, which is similar to Monotype Grotesque, was expanded by Tom Grace to Neue Helvetica with new, extra-narrow compressed styles.
- Linotype Octane Regular (Norbert Reiners) has truncated tops, square dots and a large x-height.
- Anzeigen Grotesk (1943, Haas Type Foundry; modern digital version by URW++, 2009) is a minimal contrast extreme x-height grotesque that is legible in very small sizes.
- ITC Roswell Two (Jim Parkinson) is more geared to posters.
- Binner Gothic (Monotype).
- Facade (Steve Matteson). More a display font for large sizes, this font is added to the list for mysterious reasons.
Choice of fonts ⦿
Telephone directory typefaces ⦿